Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • How big are you and how big’s your Soul?
  • kennyp
    Free Member

No, it’s not another religious debate that’s going to run to 15 pages. It’s just I noticed the other thread about Cotic selling off Soul frames for £375. I don’t technically speaking “need” another bike at the moment, but I think we all know “need” doesn’t always come into it. Plus it’s the only time I’ve ever seen an orange coloured bike that thought it looks the DBs.

Curious however as to what size frame to go for if I do decide. I’m about 5 ft 10 and currently have a 17.5 inch Rockhopper which is a pretty good fit. Cheers.

righog
    Free Member

5’9″ Medium, Perfect fit, with 50 mm stem and thompson layback post.

Edit: Mk II ( 27.2 seatpost )

wonderchump
    Free Member

6’2″ Large Mk III … Similarly perfect fit with Reverb and 50mm stem.

cartwheels

5’10 medium bfe (same geometry) 70mm stem, 750mm bars.

MSP

6’2″ had a large, found it a bit on the small side.

66deg
    Free Member

5’8″ small frame with a 70 stem ,tried a 50 but couldn’t get on with it i prefer the way a small bike rides and would rather adjust fit with different components.
    Buy one, you won’t regret it.

riddoch

5’11”, large frame and 70mm stem I think.

honourablegeorge

6’1″, large Mk2, recently went to a 50mm stem while widening the bars, seems good, wouldn’t want it smaller.

johnners
    Free Member

6′-ish, Mk1 medium gives me the fit I like with an inline seatpost and 90mm stem. Lots of post out there though.

FOG

5.11on a medium frame with 70mm stem, perfect for me. My mate who is a few inches taller says it is like riding a toddle bike while I find his Large Tallboy fine.

tuffty
    Free Member

6’1″ large with 70mm stem. Love it 🙂

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Sounds like medium may be perfect. Just need to convince the household finance committee now!

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

5’11, Medium Soul.

Came from a medium Rockhopper, the Soul feels very long in comparison but you get used to it.

GHill

6’4″ with a large BFe. Feels a bit small with a layback post, but it is more of a play bike than all-dayer.

joespencer33
    Free Member

5’10” medium with 70mm stem high saddle, High stack height – just right
    (I’ve got long Legs/Short Back)

ceepers

5’6 and a half (the half is very important as my wife is only 5’6 😉

small frame , 50mm stem, wide bars, 120 fork, love it!

superfli
    Free Member

5’7-8″ mkII small. 70mm stem, 740mm fatbar lite.
    Custom 130mm Marz 44RC3Ti converted to air and reduced.
    Brilliant bike!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

6’1″, Large, 70mm stem. Perfect.

andytherocketeer

6ft2, Large
    Feels spot on with layback, and 70mm stem, and 710mm bars, as a just get out and ride xc trail kind of bike. Swapped stem to be about 1cm shorter and forks from 100 to 120 (only a few mm more A-C) and it now feels like I’m over the front in the attack/ready position much more.

Scamper
    Free Member

Also have a 17 inch rockhopper with a 70mm stem, and at 5ft8 its perfect for xc duties. However, I also ride a 16 inch small Bfe and in the past a small Soul both with a 55mm stem. Right on the limit size wise, but find its perfect for `thrashing’ – I may be wrong but I think Cotic bikes have a relatively long top tube? At 5ft 10 you are looking at a medium. Give Paul at Cotic a ring.

Scamper
    Free Member

Also have a 17 inch rockhopper with a 70mm stem, and at 5ft8 its perfect for xc duties. However, I also ride a 16 inch small Bfe and in the past a small Soul both with a 55mm stem. Right on the limit size wise, but find its perfect for `thrashing’ – I may be wrong but I think Cotic bikes have a relatively long top tube? At 5ft 10 you are looking at a medium. Give Paul at Cotic a ring.

kennyp
    Free Member

Just had an email from Paul at Cotic and sounds like medium is the right size for me. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Get the medium. Definitely. I’m a shade over 5’11 and just about get away with a medium with a lay back post.

mattjg
    Free Member

5’8″, 32″ inside leg, and I had a small, which was Cotic’s advice but on reflection I think I’d have been better on a medium. (It’s not an issue, the Cotic guy gave me his personal advice in good faith, but I think it was wrong for me).

If I was buying again (which I won’t because I prefer 29ers), I’d buy a M. And if I was buying a Solaris, it would be an M too.

chives
    Free Member

6′ with 32″ inside leg. Medium mk1 running a 70mm stem. Would buy a large if buying again.

johnhe

I’m 6′ and have recently bought a medium BFe. I was surprised how large the bike was – had to put a shorter stem and push my seat fully forward on the rails. I certainly couldn’t ride any larger than medium.

andeh

I’m 6’1″ and ride a medium BFe with 50mm stem. I like it. Try a couple of sizes back to back would be my advice.

vincienup
    Free Member

178 and medium mk2 with 70mm stem 🙂

Gotta admit I’m privately cursing Cotic for the current drop. If I’d known this was coming 4-6 weeks ago I’d have seriously considered springing the extra for a mk3 over my late mk2 frame…

I’m guessing it has a lot to do with green and orange being retired off the Soul for 2014…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘How big are you and how big’s your Soul?’ is closed to new replies.