Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • How big are Canfield Crampon pedals
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

If you've got some of these, how does the platform area compare to other pedals? If you could give me a measurement side-side or front-back that would be great.

Also I notice they are symmetrical front to back, unlike most pedals which are symmetrical around the spindle. Do you find this makes you put your foot further back?

Cheers

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Never mind, I worked it out meself.

Assuming STW use standard post-it notes it looks like about 106mm wide, 108mm front to back.
    I reckon it's accurate to around 1mm, so if someone ever sees this and measures theirs let me know!

jedi

and that took you 5 fookin days??? 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

lol
    I'm a slow worker

heihei

More importantly, anyone know if they are any good??

adam5555

Just received mine this morning. 108mm front to back, 104mm wide. Good post it note measuring matey.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Thank you sir!
    Let us know how you get on with them.

ventanarider
    Free Member

Anyone know who sells them in the Uk?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

have a chat with 18 bikes

simonm
    Free Member

I've just got some of these… prepare to get blisters fitting the 40 pins yourself…

ventanarider
    Free Member

have you ridden them yet si?

simonm
    Free Member

no, tomorrow night I hope. They feel good. Strange thing is though, once the pins are in the pedal is quote thick. The pins are 18mm long.. making the pedal about the same thickness as other low profile pedals out there….This negates the claim that you get your foot lower down due to the profile.

scaredypants

This negates the claim that you get your foot lower down due to the profile.

I'd have thought something like a fiveten sole would sit flat to the pedal having "absorbed" the pins ?

BIGMAN
    Free Member

There is a review on southerndownhill….

Swiftacular
    Free Member

If mine ever turn up (ordered dec 22), then I'll let you know

simonm
    Free Member

Standing on them with a 5ten last night, the pins only sink in 1 or 2mm, I suppose the other 17mm platform pedals out there are a little thicker as the pins on them stick out 4/5mm.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Do they feel a bit wider than other pedals? They look it.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Mine turned up Saturday, along with my freebie Canfield Bros Tee (thanks chris, if you're reading this). Compared to my V12's, they're huge platforms, I'll take a comparison pic…….

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Ok, this may work, or not.

V12 91mm at the widest point, Crampons 107mm wide.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘How big are Canfield Crampon pedals’ is closed to new replies.