Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How bad is Luton Airport these days?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Last time we flew from Luton the queue for the security check was horrendous and we only just made the flight, we’re flying from Luton to Edinburgh next month and I was wandering how bad it is these days? Thanks

peterfile
    Free Member

I’d be just as concerned about getting back through EDI security! It’s diabolical at the moment. Give yourself an extra 30-45 minutes.

jam-bo

can you pay for priority security clearing? can be well worth the couple of quid extra

hels
    Free Member

I heard a rumor that the staff all walked out at EDI a few weeks ago, left only a couple of managers doing ALL the security checks on one infamous weekday morning.

That may not be true, of course.

peterfile
    Free Member

Google news search for EDI reveals that all is not well!

Seems they’ve been moving from old to new security hall and have had staffing problems.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I flew from Edinburg a few weeks ago. No problems at all getting through security. I suspect that it will be a lottery unless you know it’s going to be a busy time, Friday evening/Monday morning.

JEngledow
    Free Member

can you pay for priority security clearing?

As we’ll have a 22month old this is probably the best option!

tomd
    Free Member

Edinburgh security was grim when I went through a couple of week back. 30-40min queue and generally a bit rubbish. This was just after lunch on a Sunday, not really a peak time.

The new set up they have shuffles all the bags up so it just ends up with loads of confused people milling about looking for their bags.

kimbers

just get junior wailing like a banshee, they are usually pretty good at letting parents and young kids thru first!

last time i flew from luton (november) security check was quite quick

dknwhy

I flew to Slovakia the other week and it was fine (Saturday lunchtime).

For Edinburgh though, i’d just get the train.

rocketman
    Free Member

can you pay for priority security clearing?

On a recent return flight to Manc a number of otherwise able-bodied individuals who were somehow able to negotiate the aircraft stairs and spend most of the flight dicking about in the overhead lockers, visiting the toilets and chatting in the aisles suddenly and mysteriously became wheelchair-bound just before the security checks and were ushered through like royalty

Just saying like

Squidlord
    Free Member

I’ve never had an issue at Luton, though it’s usually late on a Sunday night when I’ve used it. You can buy a fast track through security – I think it’s about 2-3 quid.

br
    Free Member

For Edinburgh though, i’d just get the train.

+1

4 1/2 hours

vintagewino
    Free Member

Going through Edinburgh security is the time I’m most thankful for my BA silver card.

Get the train though – much nicer overall

cheers_drive

Luton is generally better than Stansted. Stansted is a nightmare, particularly if your flight arrives after 11pm.

JEngledow
    Free Member

We’ve used nectar points for the flight so it’s only cost us £50 (even without the flights are cheaper than the train) plus the actual flight is only about an hour and a half so the monkey won’t have to sit still for too long, whereas he’d be very bored and a pain in the arse on a train!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How bad is Luton Airport these days?’ is closed to new replies.