Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • how bad are three as a network ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

been with 02 for years …but recently there deals are shite … phoned up the other day to change my contract and get a new phone …and i currently pay 9 pounds odd a month and get 200 mins and 800 texts

to get comparible on o2 with a new phone its gonna be 25 quid a month on a 24 month contract no ifs no buts (although when i phone up to cancel i may blag a better deal out of them)

so i go hunting about

can get a nokia e63 (father has the e71 and i quite like the layout) with unlimited texts and unlimited internet + 75 any network mins for 17 quid a month on three on an 18 month contract

or

a bombproof nokia 6300 on vodaphone on a 24 month contract but with 300mins and unlimited texts

any other deals worth noting ? 20 quid a month is the upper end of my budget …not really worried about phone tbh long as it works. Got a 3120 atm but its screwed.

grumm
    Free Member

3 are fine, used em for ages. They used to have a bad rep for reception but I usually have better reception than people on other networks – think they did a deal with one of the other networks to share transmitters or something.

Customer service is fine whenever i’ve had to deal with them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im “this” close to ordering that e63….. will phone o2 tomorrow i think and see what i can blag since they are being gay … i can get a better deal as a new customer with 02 which is out of order.

Loosing my old number is no bad thing ive had it for 10 years or something !

Teetosugars
    Free Member

A lot better than they used to be now they have joined up with T-Mobile..
    Up until then, the “3” stood for the amount of satisfied customers they had.

tomzo
    Free Member

But then you’ll lose your 079…….. number and have a rubbish 078…….

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah
    thats bad news

T mobile get absolutely ZERO reception in the downstairs of my house.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

just signed up to the 3 sim only deal, £10 for unimited tets and 100min.

No problems so far, although have been warned that their charges border on extortionate, so be very careful not to go over the limit.

Also has free skype and 3to3 minutes.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just ask for yer PAK code, and you can migrate yer Number..

grumm
    Free Member

I have had reception when people on T Mobile don’t before, so I’m not quite sure how the arrangement works.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i meant its bad news that they use t mobile ….

ill need to have a chat with o2 in the morning i think but at least i have some ammo to fire at them !

not worried in the slightest about my number

trail_rat
    Free Member

ill need to ask around and see if anyone i know is on three then and get them to come round with their phone see if it gets signal !

Teetosugars
    Free Member

grumm – Member
    I have had reception when people on T Mobile don’t before, so I’m not quite sure how the arrangement works.

Basically they roam onto T-Mobile when they have no coverage, and can also use their 1800network (2g) as their own network was purely 2100mHz (3g)

addy6402

I always found 3 crap tbh, much better now I’m on O2.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I am currently arguing the toss with 3 mobile over my broadband.

Their customer services are non existant. I wouldnt use them again if they were the last place on earth. I am putting a call in to trading standards tomorrow for advice. They just pass you from pillar to post so that you can NEVER cancel with them

zaskar
    Free Member

I’ve been with 3 since 2003.

Had a few niggles but their custoer service have always sorted me out.

I would recommend them easily.

Never had signal problems at all.

When I have called they have been polite, listen and sorted any issue I had-and I am picky.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

had a ‘3’ phone for 18 months, which i just finished with. was perfectly happy, and when i went to cancel i git offered some good deals. now on orange as i’d got a new contract before the 3 one finished…

chakaping
    Free Member

Get some mates on different networks round your house to see who gets best reception if that’s an issue.

I took a gamble and signed up for 3, and reception is fine most places, but in remote areas people on other seem to get reception more often than me.

binners

They’re rubbish!

My phone died 10 days before i was eligible for an upgrade. I didn’t think it was unreasonable to request a new handset as i was due one in less than 2 weeks anyway. They wouldn’t play ball and said I’d have to pay full price for a replacement handset. Wouldn’t even give me a discount on a new one. Bye bye. I’ll be taking my business elsewhere thanks

As far as reception goes, i was in that there London on business last week and had zero reception stood in the middle of Oxford Street FFS!! My reception regularly drops off to zero in Manchester city centre too.

The customer service is woeful!

joemarshall
    Free Member

If you aren’t worried about the phone, why not just buy another one like you’ve got. It would cost about a tenner for that or a similar cheap nokia. You could then stick your sim in it, pay your £9 a month, and you’d save yourself £11 a month.

3 roam onto Orange for their 2g network, so anywhere orange can be got, you should be able to get 3.

It is possible to find out which networks have signal in your house by using the settings menu on your phone – if you tell it ‘network selection’ is ‘manual’, then it will show you a list. However you can’t check 3 on your current phone because it doesn’t support 3g.

Joe

warton
    Free Member

I find 3 really good for phones, signal and deals. just got an E71, 20 a month, unlimited texts internet etc. never had a problem with signal, OK its hit and miss in remote place, but are there any cmpanies that aren’t? good services as well. goals from your teams games about 15 minutes after full time for 50p a shot

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘how bad are three as a network ?’ is closed to new replies.