Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • How are we all keeping cool today?
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

Me, sitting as still as possible with all doors and windows open and curtains shut. Wish I had a paddling pool…

maccruiskeen

Me, sitting as still as possible with all doors and windows open and curtains shut.

A bit like Anne Frank

P-Jay
    Free Member

Not well, I was doing okay till lunchtime, I try to walk a few miles every day so headed out for a march, came back pouring with sweat and now I stink.

The boys downstairs have got a portable air-con unit, I hugged that for a bit but the damage was done – and I’m not going to get home till 9 tonight, going to spend a few hours in a hot stuff warehouse whilst the eldest climbs.

jimbobo
    Free Member

Naked. I’m going to miss working from home.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Nice cup of green tea, then a ride later.

thestubbornyeti
    Free Member

I’m sat in front of the 18″ fan I normally use for turbo training sessions.

jimdubleyou

WFH, windows open, blinds down, fan on, in shorts only.

Sun has moved off window now, so getting bit cooler.

Glad we don’t have video-conferencing for work…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Sat in one of the few air conditioned rooms in a large office block. Outside the door is not only hot but also a seething pool of resentment and jealousy 🙂

zippykona

Not wearing a jacket and long trousers!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

What is it they say? This thread is useless without pictures?

Actually, on second thoughts…

yunki
    Free Member

I’m in a third floor open plan flat in a big white concrete building with a refreshing light coastal south westerly blowing through the large open windows..

There’s a hint of salt and suntan lotion being carried in on the breeze

[/smug]

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

My iPhone told me it was too hot to be used 30 mins ago, put it in the fridge !

I’m fine though, just been paddling around Derwent Water 8)

ton

18” fan

MrSmith
    Free Member

butt naked, blinds down windows open slightly. getting obsessed with airflow and holding a piece of rice paper in the breeze to check that air is moving from the shady side of the flat (bathroom) to the sitting/bedroom that are now in the shade. will reverse the process later this evening once the bathroom gets the direct sunlight. also opening the front door now and again as the stairwell is always in the shade and very cool.
    currently 27.5º indoors but the laptop and a raid drive plus monitor are pushing that up, probably as hot as it is going to get indoors.

pondo

Air Con Wars in our office –

Person 1 – “that’s too cold” *turns thermostat up and opens window*
    Person 2 – “woo, it’s sweltering!” *shuts window and turns thermostat down*

It’s disheartening, really.

martinhutch

onandon
    Free Member

A turbo aire fan. It’s got some ooooomph – not even slightly hot while sitting at my desk ( dining room table )
    Getting ready for a 30 mile fat bikes session later – that’s going to be warm.

slowoldman

Air conditioned office sadly.

mechanicaldope

Modern air conditioned office. Slightly compensates for the tedious work…

mikey74
    Free Member

I find not bringing up the subject of how hot it is every 5 effin’ minutes to be the best cooling technique :mrgreen:

nedrapier

Air con and cold water.

I had an ice lolly after lunch. Needed it after eating outside, a pint of Peroni can only cool you down so much.

crikey
    Free Member

Pints of bitter with ice cubes in.

I know, I know, I’m turning into some kind of big girls blouse….

jimdubleyou

Pints of bitter with ice cubes in.

Philistine!

molgrips
    Free Member

In the middle of a huge office. Air con, so basically the same as every day. We did go for a stroll at lunchtime to sample the heat though. Love it.

Went for a ride last night, absolutely flew, love riding in the heat.

buckster
    Free Member

I serviced my seat post in the garden

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WFH.

Board shorts, windows open. Punkah wallah wafting the air, obviously.

Might go for a splash around in the river in a while.

johndoh
    Free Member

Another 18′ fan user here – and ordered a second for the office as one isn’t enough. (Currently at CPC Farnell for £34 inc. next day delivery).

jamj1974

jimbobo – Member
    Naked. I’m going to miss working from home.
    POSTED 40 MINUTES AGO #

Bloody amateur!

I’m doing it in the office!

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I spent the morning stuck in traffic on the A590 in a hire car with the weakest aircon.

Now in the office with the windows and doors open. On count down until I can leave and go out on my bike.

scruff9252

Barely! In the office, wearing moleskin chinos and a shirt. The Air con has packed in and its now >30’C.

I would just head out, but someone has put an meeting in my diary from 4.

I am a uncomfortable, sweaty mess.

This is the kind of day to ber working from the garden with an ice cold drink.

stumpy01

Air-con in the office, so not too bad.

Sat outside for my lunch in our picnic area. Managed to find a shady spot with a light breeze and it was very pleasant until the breeze stopped; then it was pretty stuffy.

It’s gonna be scorchio for the first few mins of the drive home, as my (black) car gets pretty warm & it’s right in the sun’s firing line.

Once I get home will be the really warm bit – I wanna start getting bits together for the Twentyfour12 but my garage is a real tip, so there’ll probably be an hour of ‘sorting’ before I can even start to get stuff out that I need….might buy a paddling pool on the way home ‘for the littlun’…… 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Wish I had a paddling pool…

I made one. It’s not my finest creation, but it’ll do.

bearnecessities

Oh my god, your poor patio. Who laid it, Ray Charles?

You have beautiful toes.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It’s fine. But the corner piece had to be sacrificed as it was needed for important load bearing duties.

I’ll fix it back at some point…maybe.

NZCol

One of 4 days a year when I can use my pool.

ferrals
    Free Member

Just gone for taking shoes and socks off in the office.

I’d worry about the smell but my ‘4 rides in and counting’ bib shorts drying on the windowsill will probably mask my foot odour.

jam-bo

you lay one patio…

allan23
    Free Member

Nice greenhouse style office, all the windows open and several desk fans moving warm air about.

Quite pleasant at the moment. There’s one air conditioned quiet room that has been appropriated by the bloke who doesn’t do sun or heat.

Just looking forward to hometime so I can get out on the bike and enjoy some of it while it lasts. I’ve only started appreciating the summer weather the last few years, I think I’ve outgrown the mopey goth phase and even own some coloured clothing.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Oh my god, your poor patio. Who laid it, Ray Charles?

Oh. I see. You were not quite done yet. I’ll wait for a bit in case you decide to edit some more.

bearnecessities

Jam bo, at least I had the decency to pontificate, panic, over engineer and after two years, build it properly!

Otherwise, yeah, I’ll take that on the chin 😀

Edit: Just for you, Bongo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘How are we all keeping cool today?’ is closed to new replies.