Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • How are PlanetX these days?
  • mossj88
    Free Member

Just thought I’d be fair and update the thread, the build date I got in the email was kept and the bike delivered the next day. So apart from the intial misscommunication I can’t fault Px.

One thing I will say…

It’s sooo pretty! I’m not sure if this is normal but I spent about 15 minutes when I unboxed it just stroking dust off the frame…

P.S I haven’t ridden it yet as I’m waiting for some shoes but I’m sure that I’ll be happy with that too!

Lester
    Free Member

as some of you might know i have spent a few quid with On One during the last 14 months, mostly happy unil the last order when i ordered a Carbon Rockstar in medium because the large wasnt available, but Brant said they were available and said he would make sure i got a large instead of a medium. of coue i ended up with a medium, even after Brant and Gareth said i would get a large.
    Anyway i wasnt happy with the way it wasnt resolved and i vowed i wouldnt buy from them again.
    However an On One fatty came up for sale via Planet X so i bought it, i paid Friday, they emailed me AND phoned me to say it had been dispatched and that it would be delivered Wednesday, it came Tuesday. A great service and its probably evened everything out now, even though i still have the unridden Rockstar.
    o, it also mean my 18 inch fireline will now be up for sale, watch the fs ads

mattsccm
    Free Member

My issue is now being handled by some one who works at giving a good impression. Yet to be concluded ( it wouldn’t be instant)but its being dealt with in a manner that impresses.

mossj88
    Free Member

My issue is now being handled by some one who works at giving a good impression. Yet to be concluded ( it wouldn’t be instant)but its being dealt with in a manner that impresses.

Could you let me know how it goes, I was eying up the Pickenflick but couldn’t get round the MTB chainring.

mattsccm
    Free Member

A MTB chainset isn’t as bad as you think but I wanted a road bike with discs and that was what I thought I was getting. Got a rough stuff bike it would be fine. 42×11 is surprisingly high.
    Love the bike. Just put a 27.2 carbon seat pin on and by gum is comfortable.

nickb

So – all of you that have taken delivery of your Pickenflick… how is it? Looks lovely on the site and I really don’t need a new CX (I love my Jake the Snake… but it’s starting to get a bit old… and I really need discs…).

Tell me they are rubbish and it will put my mind (and credit card) at rest 😉

Cheers
    Nick

tpc221
    Free Member

I ordered a Cyclocross carbon XLS (with a few custom options) bike from Planetx on the 3rd Feb.

Looking at their website, it mentions that delivery was free on all bikes, but I was charged 60Euro (Switzerland) for delivery. Not really an issue, but I emailed them about it politely and was told that the charge was correct, and that the website needed to be updated to eliminate incorrect info. Fine, but not a 100% nice customer experience.

I was emailed with info that the build date for the bike was the 7/2 and on this day it would be sent out by TNT International… In fairness to them, (they have been unerringly polite through the whole process, and when answering 2 queries by phone), the bike was indeed build and shipped on the 7th;

The issue for me, is that rather than TNT international, it has somehow been sent by PostNL! I can seemingly track the delivery to a point through one TNT link, but TNT cannot offer end to end tracking as it is in the ‘standard’ mail. I find this pretty annoying, and definitely *not* as expected.

TNT International would normally take 2-3 days for delivery here in Switzerland, but no one has any idea how long PostNL/Swisspost will take – I have been quoted up to 10 days by PostNL (who can’t even tell me where my bike is!)

This end step has gone some way to eliminating the initially very good experience (even though I do feel that I should not have had to pay the 60Euro delivery fee!) and I do feel annoyed that TNT is clearly listed as the shipper on my PlanetX order, but this is not the case.

I really hope the bike is here soon, and in good condition, but I am not holding my breath :s

atlaz
    Free Member

The issue for me, is that rather than TNT international, it has somehow been sent by PostNL!

Frankly I’ve been screwed by this too, living on the continent. Tracking in the UK then nothing and it’s almost impossible to find out where the bloody thing is until it turns up. I was half way through a shouting match with someone recently as he couldn’t tell me where my parcel was and when it would arrive when it turned up. The irony was he’d just got done telling me it’d be 3-4 more days (possibly).

tpc221
    Free Member

I guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a similar outcome;

To add insult to injury, their customer service dept just emailed me out of the blue saying that the bike should be with me today – I guess they didn’t see the continental delivery address.

Ah well, I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait when it turns up!

tpc221
    Free Member

To resolve my post from earlier – Bike turned up on Friday last week. Well packed, as described. Not had a chance to ride it yet, but really can’t fault the service from PlanetX – I’m really impressed.

If only they clarified their shipping setup beforehand! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘How are PlanetX these days?’ is closed to new replies.