How are PlanetX these days?

Home Forum Bike Forum How are PlanetX these days?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 170 total)
  • How are PlanetX these days?
  • Lester

what i think is even unfairer is that most of us were helpfully defensive of On One as we understood and grudgingly accepted the teething problems. Especially when Brant comes along sometimes and says he will sort it, not that he did in my case.
    But us buyers who have been supportive and actually do some buying get let down so easily because they have not got enough quality staff in sales.
    i jokingly offered Brant my services as a sales director at £65k, he said that he already had a very good sales drector in place and he earned substantially more than that.
    so we should consider ourselves lucky that Planet X have somebody good in place, because could you imagine the mayhem if they didnt

hora

German budget online store

I was going to order some brakes through On-One, ordered from a German one instead and Jesus their communication is hyper-quick (live chat) and delivery too. Scary how good the competition can be.

atlaz

Other than their own frames, I’ve found over the last 2 years there’s little I can get from PX that I can’t get as cheaply from 1 or 2 European retailers who answer the phone and respond to emails in a couple of hours.

By way of balance though, I’ve placed a few orders with PX before, most turned up on time but one was a disaster but the person at PX I was dealing with sorted it for me in a pretty efficient manner. That was a couple of years back.

dannyh

Ordered a tech jacket on Sunday night. Delivered Wednesday morning.

Originally £120, paid £40.

Quite happy (although I would not have said it was ever worth £120, mind).

But all in all, they have never let me down.

Premier Icon whyter
    Subscriber

I’ve bought some good value stuff from them over the years, but ordered a couple of things from their latest sale, and neither is as described on the website. Funny how their phone lines are always experiencing an abnormally high volume of calls as well – maybe it’s everyone on this thread jostling to get through 🙂

jruk

Well this thread has saved me from buying a bike from them. Thanks gang.

Bimbler

Dear oh dear OO/PX are getting an absolute caning here.

Previously had good experiences with them, particularly when asking questions about a s/h Scandal frame I’d bought from here. However they were rude and outright lied to the Missus last year which pretty much deleted them from my suppliers list. Shame.

Premier Icon vincienup
    Subscriber

I used to use frequently and never had a problem.

Then one of their offers turned out they’d oversold but kept on taking orders – and charging cards. All got very messy and I eventually got refunded after they’d sat on my money a few months. No attempt at customer service worth talking about by anyone other than a certain forum member. Who was excellent, I might add.

Stayed away until another offer tempted me – and sure enough, they took the money and then came back a week later telling me they’d run out. Refund quicker this time, customer service still nil. I know that the items I ordered are on the shelf in the new Barnsley shop and a week is plenty time for an inter branch transfer.

Add a side order of times I’ve been there in person and prices have been wildly not as advertised until pointed out (and blamed on the stock system like everything else)

When they get it right, the price is good and everything’s great. They must do this fairly often to still be here.

When it goes wrong, they’re maddening though.

I may have the odd chain or pair of socks from them in future, but I’m done with ordering things I actually need because I simply can’t trust them to have it.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

I think it’s unfair to blame Brant if he’s not responding to this thread. I don’t really see it as his job to pick up CS issues – though he seems to do so fairly often and well.

Got to wonder if the whole organization is just struggling trying to grow so fast and with all these new brands and models. It seemed so much simpler when there were only a couple of options available.

andyl

Up to now I’ve never had a problem.

I did order some stuff a couple of weeks ago and a day or two after got an email saying one item (inner tube) was out of stock so this would be refunded and my order was ‘released’.

Another week passed and no package and just got an email saying they ‘couldn’t find’ one of the other things on my order and that would be refunded too.

Good job the stuff isn’t urgent.

iolo

This thread is making Dave Hinde look good.

ChunkyMTB

No octopus yet though..

Dear oh dear OO/PX are getting an absolute caning here

What for? TBH they probably are making enough cash not to really give a hoot about the whingers on here who have had a bad experience.

There are plenty of folks taking up cycling and moving on from halford’s, the cycle of buying it cheap from somewhere continues.

Premier Icon big_scot_nanny
    Subscriber

I wonder how uncomfortable this makes Singletrack – they jumped up in flash and challenged easyjet for a fabulous resolution. well done ST!

Somehow I can’t see this thread, or any of the other PLanetX/On-One threads going onto the front page of STW.

😐

Bimbler

Dear oh dear OO/PX are getting an absolute caning here

What for?

Come again?

Premier Icon chrismanc
    Subscriber

Ordered a bike through cycle scheme, ive been abit of a pain in the rear with it to be honest switching and changing here and there but they have been very good up to now to be fair. Due to turn tomorrow so I wil report back!

Cannot flippin wait!

Ps. Some posts on here have got me on edge about yodel if anything.

fingers crossed.

The Pickenflick is made by Waltly. I doubt they’d just make a copy using PXs drawings, but they might. Ask ’em.

http://waltly.en.alibaba.com/product/1622161887-210760998/Specialized_enduro_titanium_alloy_full_suspension_bike_frame_aero_mountain_bicycle.html

this is a company that might need to defend itself

One One / Planet X’s lack of defence on this thread says it all really.

And you think they need to defend themselves why??

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

misinformer wrote:

The Pickenflick is made by Waltly. I doubt they’d just make a copy using PXs drawings, but they might. Ask ’em.
    http://waltly.en.alibaba.com/product/1622161887-210760998/Specialized_enduro_titanium_alloy_full_suspension_bike_frame_aero_mountain_bicycle.html
    this is a company that might need to defend itself

How so?

iolo

And you think they need to defend themselves why??

Did you read all of this thread?
    Have you noticed how every is not entirely happy.
    Many saying they will not use them again.
    It would do px/on one a whole world of good to explain what the problem is with their communication and email problems,website showing stock where there is non and taking customers money and what they can do to restore customer confidence.

How so?

Specialized Enduro, didn’t someone recentley get hammered for using the word Roubaix?

Yup Read the thread some folks pissed off, uttering the words will not use again and so on and whilst there are some who will vehemently stick to their guns others will wilt at the next OO/Planet X offer of X Y or Z when they have calmed down and retreived their teddy.

If you work in retail you know some customers are worth the effort to keep others, in all honesty your glad to see the back of em.

Premier Icon vincienup
    Subscriber

website showing stock where there is non and taking customers money and what they can do to restore customer confidence.

This is the nub of the problem.

Never answering the phone, taking days to respond to email and then coming back with a combative tone does nothing to help the ‘we’ve had yet money now f. off’ vibe of the customer relations and is a stupid own goal, but really the sheer level of fail in their web shop/stock control system and its relation to what’s actually in the warehouse is just inexcusable.

If you have finite stock levels you do not expect to be replenished anytime soon, you know exactly how many you have to sell.

Selling more and then hiding behind T’s and c’s that state that ordering, paying, and even being emailed back to thank you for your order still doesn’t constitute a contract to supply sounds like either a clueless organisation that never paid a real web/SQL dev/have pushed a simple design too far or a cunning scheme to obtain temporary capital. I’m assuming the former, by the way. A real SQL/web dev could fix the problem in days/weeks assuming there isn’t a culture of people helping themselves to stock without booking it out.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

misinformer – Member
    How so?
    Specialized Enduro, didn’t someone recentley get hammered for using the word Roubaix?

Specialized = non-specific, single purpose
    Enduro = a type of event, riding style

e.g. “I bought a specialized enduro bike today coz my AM rig can’t cut it anymore” 🙂

If any dissatisfied customer has paid with PayPal you could raise a dispute via PayPal. This is should get PX to pull their finger out.

I think maybe people should read this.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12955273&start=20#p18699783

FWIW, I’ve had some recent problems and they have been rectified. I was an unhappy customer and a bit grumpy.

But fair play to them for this explanation. Restores a little faith.

mossj88

Found this thread after looking to see if I was in the same boat as others (it looks like I am)…

Ordered a bike on the 20th January before 3pm, expecting next day delivery (or soon after) as promised on the help page in “98%” of cases. After all the bikes in stock so it’s just a case of a once over surely.

Got to Thursday and still no bike, phone them and told that it’s just waiting to be built and should be next week (27th). Also got a phone call to say it would be built Monday or Tuesday.

Brill they’ve recognised thier mistake and given me a resolution… apart from I got an email yesterday afternoon stating it will be the 4th of Feburary now.

What a joke, just tried phoning them and the answerphone message is still on, (it states the opening times, then hangs up).

This has all the hallmarks of a company about to go out of business (taking orders but being unable to full fill them), I’m going to try and get through today in order to get an answer (and dependent on that a refund) and if not instruct my CC company to do a chargeback.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

This has all the hallmarks of a company about to go out of business (taking orders but being unable to full fill them)

steady.

ChunkyMTB

Just cancel your order.

hora

Wwaswas abit harsh. I like taking the piss out of brant sometimes but thats abit unfair. From the sounds of it (I dont know why they only posted the explanation on bikeradar) they are growing too quick/teething issues. Brant should explain it fully on here.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Wwaswas abit harsh.

hang on!

I was the one suggesting the bloke posting the ‘they’re going bust’ comment should go steady.

dragon

Looks like too much change all at once. I’m not sure all these ‘new’ brands is helping, when it sounds like the real focus should be staff training, and investment in website/backend IT.

hora

Ah! Sorreee 🙂

mossj88

wwaswas – Member

This has all the hallmarks of a company about to go out of business (taking orders but being unable to full fill them)

steady.

Your right I take it back just a tiny bit livid that I placed an order under the basis that

http://www.planetx.co.uk/help#order

Please allow 2-5 days for delivery. 98% of UK orders placed before 3pm Monday to Friday are despatched the same day.

Seems that as soon as they recognised the issue that should of been changed or even simply adding “Apart from bikes for which a build time of around two weeks is required.”

brant

Ordered a bike on the 20th January before 3pm, expecting next day delivery (or soon after) as promised on the help page in “98%” of cases. After all the bikes in stock so it’s just a case of a once over surely.

All bikes are custom built from frames and parts, for you. We hold no stock of complete bikes other than the ones on the wall in the showroom, or photo shoot bikes which are often offered as clearance models.

I’m sorry that this isn’t indicated clearly on the help pages and I will discuss this with our guys today.

hora

What if a bike turns up that I haven’t ordered brant?

Can I keep it next to my two sofas? 8)

mattsccm

Recived my Pickenflick as promised. Trouble was the website didn’t have the “right ” spec and the interest in rectifying that fact that I ordered something that wasn’t actually available just doesn’t seem of interest.
    I asked for a road chainset as the webpage said I could . Was told that the page was wrong and was given a MTB set. I can happily live with that, it has its advantages but my email suggesting that they could turn a very unhappy customer into a very happy one merely by swapping 2 chainrings has been totally ignored.
    Brant, want to prod them on that one?

brant

my email suggesting that they could turn a very unhappy customer into a very happy one merely by swapping 2 chainrings has been totally ignored.

I’d need a sales order number to look further.

rendo

I ordered a pickenflick on the 22nd, (the website stated 5-7days for build). got an email to say bike would be built on the 28th, got an email on the 28th to say it would be sent out the next day. got a phone call on the 29th to say it was dispatched on next day delivery and it was delivered the next day.

Happy customer here.

mattsccm

can’t fault anything else .Well the stickers were half off before the box was open but that was a bonus as they are coming off anyway.

mossj88

brant – Member

Page now updated.
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/help#order

Great, that’s all it would of taken for me to not worry. You might even want to turn it into a sales point i.e

All our bikes are built to order in the UK by our team of skilled bike mechanics.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘How are PlanetX these days?’ is closed to new replies.