Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How annoying!
  • thorpie
    Free Member

Been waiting for something from CRC for nearly a week and it comes today whilst picking my daughter up from school, missed Royal Mail by 2 minutes! Of course if CRC didn’t insist on putting everything into big boxes it could have been posted through the letterbox and why does first class now take a week to arrive? Trip to the sorting office tomorrow now, one week from the order being dispatched.

somouk
    Free Member

I hate it when that happens but they do say first class can take up to something like 14 days.

joao3v16
    Free Member

A boring “helpful” smart-arse will be along shortly to mention using your LBS if you want something quickly … 😀

thorpie
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind but the back gate was open and the neighbour was in! It’s the inconsistency that is annoying.

zilog6128

That’s why I always get stuff sent to me at work! 8) Appreciate not everyone can do that, though.

Edukator
    Free Member

#waits patiently for CRC delivery#

davidjones15
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind but the back gate was open and the neighbour was in!

That’s a very open and friendly neighbourhood.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Appreciate not everyone can do that, though.

And not all internet sites will do that either (IME).

cranberry
    Free Member

Like zilog – I get stuff sent to work, make sure that I slip the folks in the mail room the odd pack of biscuits/sweets and let them know that I am very thankful for their accepting private parcels.

Frankers
    Free Member

I blame the Tories!!

Would suggest you write to your MP

Harry_the_Spider

At this time of year our old postie didn’t even bring out the packages, he just used to shove a “You were out” card through so we would have go to the sorting office to pick it up. I caught him out the day I was in and he just handed the card to me rather sheepishly.

Can’t say I was too bothered. The sorting office was only round the corner.

We’ve moved a few miles up the road now, so I would be less than thrilled if it happened again.

joao3v16
    Free Member

The RM’s wonderful new idea to leave deliveries with a neighbour by default (unless you opt out) is nice in theory … although I still suspect they can’t be bothered & just leave an “attempted delivery” card because it’s quicker …

zilog6128

And not all internet sites will do that either (IME).

True, although I’ve only had one company who would send something only to the registered address of the card. Can’t remember what it was though, don’t think it was even particularly high value. Always managed to get computers, complete bikes, etc shipped to me at work.

andymc06
    Free Member

I had a postie leave a “sorry you weren’t in” card, when I was sat waiting for delivery. This happened on two occasions at my old house. Complaint lodged but never got a result. Spoke to my bro who works for RM. Apparently the less honest posties carry out this practice as it generates overtime for the re-deliveries.

No wonder RM is struggling as an organisation.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

True, although I’ve only had one company who would send something only to the registered address of the card.

Ah right fair enough. I guess maybe card security is improving. Just had it happen to me recently, after ringing up and changing the delivery address to mrs deadly’s work, only for them to send it to home address without telling me that was their policy.

nealglover
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind but the back gate was open and the neighbour was in!

It’s the inconsistency that is annoying.

Fit a return spring, that should improve the consistency of the gate.

Not sure what you can do about the neighbour though ?

Edukator
    Free Member

The bike arrived while I was sitting drinking coffee. Thank you, CRC and the white-van man.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How annoying!’ is closed to new replies.