Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How am I supposed to fit a Stinger in here?
  • marcusr
    Free Member

I have an OK chainline, around 48, which should be enough according to Blackspire documentation. But even if I would go up to 50, would that be enough? How thick is the backplate of a Stinger?

According to Google, there seems to be quite a lot of people out there with problems similar to mine?

Btw, check out the dust!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Something’s not right there!

What crank/bb system have you got there?

xiphon
    Free Member

Looks like you’re missing some spacers on the drive side.

letmetalktomark

If thats a square taper chainset the taper could be flared. I had a similar issue with a Middleburn RS7. Middleburn replaced it for me.

If its not a square taper I have no idea 😆

marcusr
    Free Member

There’s more than one? 🙂 I’m running square taper. 113mm.

EDIT: Wow, people are fast here. Yeah it’s SQ. So that replacement fixed it for you?

Aristotle
    Free Member

I thinned the part of the plate that goes between the bb cup and the frame on my Stingers down with a grinder as I’m using them with old-fashioned square-tapered BBs -which allegedly shouldn’t work 😉

I also fitted a shorter bb axle to one of the bikes.

letmetalktomark

If it is flared the only thing you could do is replace the arm or run a longer BB to space the arm further away from the BB.

Could try a 115mm BB or a 118mm but that might throughout the chain line.

That said if its running so close to the BB that could be an issue anyway.

marcusr
    Free Member

115mm is probably optimal for chainline, but I don’t really know where to get hold of one. And the question remains, would those extra 2mm be enough?

The arm is brand new btw, and the same distance out from centre as non drive side.

Should probably get one of those Bionicon guides instead.

edit: I have a 73 shell btw, 68 x 115mm is pretty easy to get hold of.

jam-bo

I remember running a 121mm square taper to fit chain guides in. No idea if you can still get them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How am I supposed to fit a Stinger in here?’ is closed to new replies.