Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • how about this for a bike themed tattoo?
  • rOcKeTdOg

BRose, Minneapolis MN by Squirrels Cycling Tattoo Collection, on Flickr

.f you think your bike looks good, it does .If you like the way your bike rides, it’s an awesome bike You don’t need to spend a million dollars to have a great bike but if you do spend a million dollars and know what you wan .you’ll probably also have a great bike .Yes, you can tour on your bike –whatever it is .Yes, you can race on your bike –whatever it is .Yes, you can commute on your bike –whatever it is ” or whatever20” or 24c or 700b or 650” or 29wheels or ”26 yes, that wheel size is rad and you’ll probably get where you’re .going Disc brakes, cantis, v-brakes, and road calipers all do a great .job of stopping a bike when they’re working and adjusted .No paint job makes everyone happy Yes, you can put a rack on that. Get some p-clamps if there .are no mounts Steel is a great material for making bike frames -so is .aluminum, carbon fiber, and titanium You can have your saddle at whatever angle makes you happy Your handlebars can be lower than your saddle, even with your saddle, or higher than your saddle. Whichever way you .like it is right Being shuttled up a downhill run does not make you a weak . foot drop10person, nor does choosing not to fly off of a Bike frames made overseas can be super cool. Bike frames .made in the USA can be super cool Hey, tattooed and pierced long shorts wearin flat brim hat red bull drinkin white Oakley sportin rad person on your full .suspension big hit bike –nice work out there
    ey, little round glasses pocket protector collared shirt skid lid rear view mirror sandal wearing schwalbe marathon running .pletscher two-leg kickstand tourist –good job Hey, shaved leg skinny as hell super duper tan line hear rate monitor checking power tap train in the basement all winter .super loud lycra kit million dollar wheels racer –keep it up .The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt The following short answers are good answers, but not the ”, Brooks, lugged, disc29only ones for the question asked – ,brake, steel, Campagnolo, helmet, custom, Rohloff, NJS, carbon .clipless, porteur ,31.8 No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does .anything until someone gets on it to ride .Sometimes, recumbent bikes are ok Your bikeshop is not trying to screw you. They’re trying to stay .open .Buying things off of the internet is great, except when it sucks Some people know more about bikes than you do. Other .people know less Maybe the person you waved at while you were out riding .didn’t see you wave at them It sucks to be harassed by assholes in cars while you’re on a .bike. It also sucks to drive behind assholes on bikes .Did you build that yourself? Awesome. Did you buy that? Cool .Wheelies are the best trick ever invented. That’s just a fact Which is better, riding long miles, or hanging out under a .bridge doing tricks? Yes .Yes, you can break your collar bone riding a bike like that Stopping at stop signs is probabLy a good thing

riving with your bikes on top of your car to get to a dirt trail .isn’t ideal, but for most people it’s necessary If your bike has couplers, or if you have a spendy bike case, or if you pay a shop to pack your bike, or if you have a folding bike, shipping a bike is still a pain in the ass for everyone .involved .That dent in your frame is probably ok, but maybe it’s not .You should get it looked at Touch up paint always looks like shit. Often it looks worse .than the scratch A pristine bike free of dirt, scratches, and wear marks makes .me sort of sad A bike that’s been chained to the same tree for three years .caked with rust and missing parts makes me sad too Bikes purchased at Wal-mart, Target, Costco, or K-mart are .generally not the best bang for your buck Toe overlap is not the end of the world, unless you crash and .die –then it is Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s .your fault Yes, you can buy a bike without riding it first. It would be nice .to ride it first, but it’s not a deal breaker not to .Ownership of a truing stand does not a wheel builder make . spokes, three spokes? Sure24 spokes, 48spokes, 32 Single speed bikes are rad. Bikes with derailleurs and cassettes .are sexy. Belt drive internal gear bikes work great too Columbus, TruTemper, Reynolds, Ishiwata, or no brand? I’d .ride it Tubeless tires are pretty cooL etc etc

tazzymtb

nice beard

pistonbroke
    Free Member

That Charlie The Bikemonger will do anything for publicity 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Who would actually get that? Is that real?

yunki
    Free Member

carbon fiber..!? tut tut.. I despair

sweepy
    Free Member

I like bikes myself, but thats ripping the arse out of it 🙂

tazzymtb

isn’t that the entire answers to a 100 questions on cycling forums from the Surly bikes blog/web page thingymebobbins?

geoffj

That wouldn’t be something I had done

Edit 2: each to their own, but what really is the point?
    Edit 3: and if you do need a tat like that to get laid then you’re doing something wrong 😆

yunki
    Free Member

I think it’s an ok tat.. forgetting the bike aspect it symbolises something good really..

he’ll definitely get laid more as a result (if that’s his intention.. and let’s face it.. that’s what tats are really about..)

so not that sad at all really..

ton

everyone brings something to the table……..or so i am told. 😀

tazzymtb

@geoffj- isn’t that a little harsh? you may not agree with the choice of tattoo even like them but it means something to him and it in no way impacts on your life so ease up a little and maybe try some breathing exercises and nice herbal tea.

Jeebus some folks are uppity on here at times.

What next abuse him because his beard looks a bit ginger?

🙄

cynic-al
    Free Member

Some of us bring only fist pie

Ringo
    Free Member

Yeah ya gingerist

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What a prize cockmonkey

forgotmename
    Free Member

Cool.

althepal

That bloke needs to spend less time in the studio and more time outside riding his bike!!
    I have a single wee tat on my shoulder that I’m happy with, was thinking of getting “I’d rather ride my bike” on the opposite shoulder but for some reason, the wife isn’t happy with it.. Hmm.

charliedontsurf

That picture can be used as the response to any question on any online cycling forum ever….

Except he negated to mention arse butter or custard creams… Or sti*****.

yunki
    Free Member

you could put it on a sticker Charlie.. I’d buy one of them for a dollar..

HermanShake
    Free Member

I think that’s from the Surly (who are also Gusset) site. I personally prefer ink to mean something to the individual, not a brand. It’s a bit like getting “Every little helps” on your body. Which may be quite funny if you: are a midget, obese, or have an unfortunately petite baby maker.

Or really really like Tesco’s.

lipseal
    Free Member

He could have done it in morse code or braille just to be rad 😉

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

haha, freaky, i was just reading that off the surly site before coming on here.

awesome.

sweepy
    Free Member

everyone brings something to the table……..or so i am told.

I bring a fork

Dark-Side

It reminds me of that bloody Baz Luhrmann song.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘how about this for a bike themed tattoo?’ is closed to new replies.