Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How a warranty should go
  • andyruss
    Free Member

Out riding last sunday and cracked the weld between the top tube and the seat tube on my 2011 anthem x 1. Pop into square wheels on way home and Steve informs me not to worry just email him photos of crack and bike details. Shop shut mondays and informed new frame was on it s way north Tue. Frame arrives fri and collected Sat morning. Brand new 2012 model,diffrent colour but heyho whoo ‘s complaining. Bike rebuilt by afternoon and love the new colour with the blue fox forks. Anyway six days from shop getting pbotos and bike being rebuilt with new frame OUTSTANDING big thank you to Steve at squarewheels and giant bikes,that is customer service at it ‘s best.

trail_rat
    Free Member

two factors in that situation

1 is steve a an absolute toff of a guy – couldnt ask for a better guy on your side !

2 Giant are a great company to deal with for warrenty as long as your customer isnt trying to pull a fast one. they will shut that down quicker than yesterdays auld newspapers

pjm84
    Free Member

Not having the same service from Giant on my XTC carbon. Pretty poor .

I did have a good conversation with Russell their Warranty manager and we agreed on a lot of points, once I told him I’m not worried about cosmetic issues. However the follow up call he promised has failed to materialise. Unprofessional in any profession.

Dibbs
    Free Member

You where without your bike for SIX days and you’re pleased about it 🙄
    When I noticed a crack in my Whyte frame, ATB sales had the replacement frame in my LBS the next day. Thanks Ralph Colman Cycles and ATB sales, customer service at it’s VERY best.

andyruss
    Free Member

I have other bikes so l could still ride,

tomhoward

Different colour you say? You should send it back immediately and DEMAND they paint it the original colour. Anything less is frankly is an affront to your human rights/entitlement.

Apparently.

andyruss
    Free Member

But i like the new colour. O well back it goes ,l ‘m all for human rights. Especally mine

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Still waiting for Turner to get back to me re my snapped rocker warranty question. Two weeks gone by now. Thankfully I got a spare set on here.

legend
    Free Member

Did it look like this when you snapped it by any chance? If so you are a lucky man to get a claim out of it (5inch minimum seatpost insertion iirc)

Oops by hyper7pro, on Flickr

andyruss
    Free Member

No way near that, just 2 half inch hairline cracks,only visable because it was a white frame

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How a warranty should go’ is closed to new replies.