Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • House ventilation, heat exchanger things
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Not too far away but not close. About an hour and a half away. Who’s doing your training?

Bear
    Free Member

Windhager.

ransos
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    I was wondering if this could help our house. We’ve got a three storey new build house, and the upstairs is always way way hotter than the downstairs, which is often cold.

One solution could be to move your thermostat downstairs, so the boiler will stay on until the downstairs is warm. Use the TRVs on your upstairs radiators to keep those rooms from getting too hot (setting “3” is usually about 20 degrees).

Stoner
    Free Member

Windhager

arent we posh 😉

Bear
    Free Member

Well we do try. Just fitted one of their 35kW units, and pricing for another 45kW unit to serve 3 properties.

Possibly got the opportunity to quote for another system with one of theirs in it too!

Very nice bits of kit and one of the top 3 probably in pellet boilers I would think.

Stoner
    Free Member

bloody ought to be at that price 🙂

Dobbo in here I think has one.

What size thermal store are you sizing with the 35kW and 45kW?

molgrips
    Free Member

One solution could be to move your thermostat downstairs

It already is. There’s just nothing to stop the heat pouring straight up the stairwell to the upstairs landing.

Bear
    Free Member

no thermal store with the 35kw one, there will be with the 45kw one because of the different load requirements.

Don’t like thermal stores or buffers as they reduce efficiency but are necessary sometimes.

Stoner
    Free Member

rather depends on the cycling efficiency of the boiler itself and the ability to maintain it’s own tank of water.

I like thermal stores because they work well with solar coils. My neighbour though has an okofen and has his solar in a preheat tank instead with now thermal store. Too many pumps and sensors needed for my liking [luddite]

😉

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘House ventilation, heat exchanger things’ is closed to new replies.