Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • House Swap Holiday – who fancy's some free accommodation in Innerleithen?
  • stooo
    Free Member

Yes, it’s a serious question… I live in Innerleithen, at the bottom of some of the finest trails in the country and among some pretty gorgeous countryside. However, every family needs a break for a bit of a change every now and then.

Our house:
    3 Bedroom (2 double, 1 child’s), good size kitchen, dining and living rooms. We also have fold out single bed and a very comfy couch. It’s a very roomy house. There’s a good size secure garden for kids to run about in, a big garage for bike storage and a drive way that will easily fit 2 or 3 cars.

Innerleithen:
    Mountain biking… do you have to ask? The amount of local trails is incredible… plus Glentress is 5 mile up the road. Inners has 2 good bike shops too.
    There’s also a couple of nice wee pubs, a good cafe and a well stocked co-op.

What we’d like:
    There’s my wife and I and our 3.5 yr old girl. We’re tidy people, none smokers. Looking for somewhere to stay for a few days away in a nice country location with good local facilities, quiet atmosphere and child friendly (local park would be great). We’ll need a 2 or 3 bedroom place, similar sounding to ours ideally.
    Near to a bit of local biking would be great too, obviously.

We like the lakes, also Wales, Yorkshire. Would consider further south.

Holidays are becoming expensive these days, especially with a family (3 of us the now and considering a 4th next year). If this works out, we could make this a regular thing.

Any one fancy it?

ton

1 mile from the center of leeds any good?…………….. 😉

stooo
    Free Member

Should probably say that we’d also consider somewhere abroad if we could convince someone in an alpine location or something to go for a week in Inners… you never know!

stooo
    Free Member

Not big on city centres Ton, but you never know… let’s see what kind of response I get. The right people is equally important as right location 🙂

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi Stooo, it’s something that we have also thought about, but we are in Peebles.

p.s. Are you doing any of the Tweedlove events?

stooo
    Free Member

Ivnickkate –
    haha – not the most adventurous swap, but at least we’d still both be on the doorstep of some of the countries best trails 😉

Not sure I’m going to get any of the tweedlove things in. Will aim to grab an evening ride this week and might manage the Sunday ride next weekend.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

How long for?

stooo
    Free Member

Dunno – no fixed dates in mind as yet. Pretty flexible. Perhaps a long weekend or a week… or two. Depends what’s on offer 🙂

stooo
    Free Member

Davey… you in Calderdale? That’s certainly somewhere worth considering.

romainarpin1234
    Free Member

As home swapping is the direct swap of homes, no rental is charged for either party, which makes travel economical.

House swap

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘House Swap Holiday – who fancy's some free accommodation in Innerleithen?’ is closed to new replies.