Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • House Price Valuation
  • KennySenior
    Free Member

Due to the quirks of the Scottish offers over system for buying houses, when I bought my house in 2007 it was valued at £140,000 by a surveyor, I paid £150,000 for it, and someone else was prepared to pay £160,000 for it. So putting a figure on it’s value now is tricky.

Now I’m looking to remortgage obviously my loan to value ratio is going to make a noticeable difference to what rates I can get, so I want the value as high as possible.

We are also steadily renovating/redecorating the house, with a new garage due later this year.

My question is, am I better of waiting until all the work is done before doing all the revaluation/remortgage, or will work in progress be considered by the surveyor?

Dickyboy

Better off waiting till work is complete for sure, work in progress ain’t necessarily a bonus at point of valuation…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

there was a feature on zoopla that should estimate the value of your house based on price you paid and the current local market conditions. this had a feature where you could provide information on what renovation and additions you’d carried out that would add value. It’s morethan likely all that a mortgage valuer will actually use.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘House Price Valuation’ is closed to new replies.