Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • House insurance to include bike cover
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

as above but doesn’t cost silly per month , already been on M&S which seemed a little excessive. Any suggestions?

Already doing/done price comparison sites but they are a little bit daft when putting bikes on as when policies are looked into you have to add bikes etc and it then costs more which defeats the idea of filling out the sites form initially.

TheFlyingOx

I’ve just got contents only through Halifax. Includes all the usual, phones & laptops out the house, plus a few £k of bikes at new-for-old replacement value including away from home.

Buildings insurance is seperate from Lloyds and includes that home response 24 type thing for burst water pipes, knackered boilers etc.

One’s £20 a month, one’s £28 a month. Dunno which way round it is, but either way it’s a good deal.

Admiralable
    Free Member

I tried Uswitch just now AA are the cheapest by about £50 at £108 with new for old. And thats with £4k of bikes and laptops specified. I think I may be sorting that out when I get home!!

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Sheilas Wheels.

We have house and contents with them and this includes my bikes. Some are cheaper, but not by much. I have had to use them recently and they paid for a new frame when mine was damaged. The claim was quick and easy and went through fast.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

M&S is by far the cheapest for me for that level of cover – remember bikes up to £4000 are included

Taff
    Free Member

Got Halifax insurance. Mrs’ bike is included in standard contents which I think is up to £500 mine was additional as it’s 2ks worth of parts.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Went for Esure in the end £182 Buildings & Contents plus my bike as specified item.Through USwitch

Bloody hate shopping for insurance policies.I get caught up in “thinking” i need all they offer and end up with silly quotes that are for more than i really need. Never used to worry years ago and just got basics.With age comes paranoia. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘House insurance to include bike cover’ is closed to new replies.