Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • House Insurance
  • justatheory
    Free Member

Our house was burgled last week. They took three bikes, 2 laptops, TV, Xbox, Bluray, Mrs jewellery, even my ski boots! We’ve been well and truly cleaned out. They also flooded the place, which has caused substantial damage.

Mrs arranged house insurance and when asked if we had an alarm she said yes. Problem is, because we have a dog and two cats we don’t activate it. Now I’m crappin’ it in case this invalidates the claim. The policy doesn’t explicity state the alarm has to be activated but I wondered if this was implied by stating we had one, presumably the premium is discounted for this?

sandwicheater

If it’s just a bells alarm they make next to no difference to insurance. If they would have covered the risk without an alarm then they won’t throw your claim out and if they have not endorsed your policy ghat the alarm needed to be activated you should be in the clear. Did you get the quote on line? A quick re-quote without the alarm will give you your answer. I wouldn’t worry about it, not much you can do.

Sorry about the theft by the way, that is terrible news.

johndoh
    Free Member

Top tip.

Don’t admit on a public forum to not having the alarm activated.

AdamW
    Free Member

It will state in the schedule if there is a discount for an alarm. I think they have to be serviced for this.

And +1 what johndoh said!

justatheory
    Free Member

johndoh , security is getting seriously beefed up! I’m getting a proper monitored alarm that won’t be triggered by my dog. You’re absolutely right though! 😳

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘House Insurance’ is closed to new replies.