Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • hotels in newcastle upon tyne
  • andy7t2
    Free Member

right i’m booking a weekend up in newcastle for me and the girlfriend, i’ve managed to get tickets to the game and now just need a hotel for the weekend. So looking for somewhere in the centre of Newcastle close to the nightlife and the stadium, not too expensive as we’d rather spend more on going out than on a hotel room we’ll only sleep in

cheers in advance

greyman
    Free Member

All of the city is close to the stadium.
    If you want cheap, there are Premier Inn/Travelodge type gaffs in town.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Go to the Premier Inn – they are usually much nicer than Travelodges.

And the staff are pleasant to customers.

The bloody Travelodge in Newcastle once refused to let me in to get to my room. Okay, so I was naked but for a polystyrene chip box, but come on!

greyman
    Free Member

Holiday Inn Express

‘nother cheapie

ir_bandito
    Free Member

If you want really cheap, I did notice there’s a backpackers hostel on the Westgate Road the other day. Handy for St James.
    I’m sure there’ll be a YHA too, but if you up for nightlife, coming in at 4am could be frowned upon…

huws
    Free Member

Mal Maison, Not exactly cheap (but cheaper than I was expecting) your girlfriend will love you forever though.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

autumn promo’s at the thistle?

http://www.thistle.com/hotels/united_kingdom/newcastle/county_hotel/index.html?tmcampid=11&tmad=c&tmplaceref=ggl2_thuk_1791&gclid=CK2UroCrpawCFci9zAodlnBmLw

not so stagandhentastic*, and nice and central.

*As I local I have to declare I haven’t stayed here.

warton
    Free Member

niche hotel on Gray street is nice. Vermont on Dean street. give them a phone, should be able to get a deal..

carbon337
    Free Member

Just dont book Holiday Inn at Cramlington/seaton burn its miles out but still called Newcastle – Marriott Gosforth too.

A few independents in Jesmond on Osboune Rd not far from town and an apparently trendy – as im in no way trendy and can never keep up with what is.

Holiday Inn express and Jurys inn off St James Boulevard would be good choices but its in the Gay village (nothing wrong with that of course but prob not your best night out for your situation) just a short walk to the main centre area though.

2 premier inns on Quayside – 1 is quite far east so the best one would be the one under the Tyne Bridge.

Gray St hotel would be good. Thistle opposite Central Station linked above would be a good location for everything near trendy bars but never stayed there – has had loads of work done recently based on scaffolding outside.

PS dont go to Idols or city vault before the game unless your mrs likes pole dancers.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Stay in the staybridge suites, no where else.

They are serviced apartment but are beautiful, really nicely fitted out, you will never want to anywhere else.

boblo
    Free Member

Yep, Malmaison. Nice location, nice hotels for a (small) chain. Don’t be a skinflint, spoil her. Try Biscuit Factory or Cafe21 for good nosh.

hels
    Free Member

We stayed in the Jury’s Inn by the Baltic a few weeks ago – brand new so still shiny, and you get to go over the winking bridge thingy, and I do like a good bridge. Nice view at breakfast.

Some friends who booked a bit late ended up in the Premier Inn on the town side of the river, it was infested with stag and hen parties.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Holiday Inn express and Jurys inn off St James Boulevard would be good choices but its in the Gay village

Gays in Newcastle???? Surely you mean Stafforsdshire 😆

you can often get a deal on Malmaison on laterooms.com, otherwise premiering on quay side/City road is a favourite of mine

andy7t2
    Free Member

thanks for all the info

i would spoil her but as the GF’s paying for my birthday treat i don’t want to take the micheal

geebus
    Free Member

I’ve stayed in the Premier Inn under the bridge a few times a few years ago (working in the BT offices just down the road.)
    It’s ok for that sort of place; trying to remember, think it was a little noisy, but the glazing was fairly good at keeping the sound out.
    Food wasn’t amazing – took my meal allowance elsewhere given the choice.

Oh and they didn’t moan at me keeping a mountain bike in my room – nor did they comment when I walked in with not inconsiderable blood dripping down my leg with said mountain bike a fair bit dirtier.
    Always had a decent sized room when I’ve been there, but all the rooms have been different sizes, so may be a lottery.

Oh and yes it is very central and most town stuff is an easy walk away. You can see that swivel-foot bridge thing from some of the rooms I believe.

chewkw
    Free Member

Sandman Signature … think it’s 4 stars or something. A new hotel just infront of St James’ Park. Near enough?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘hotels in newcastle upon tyne’ is closed to new replies.