Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hotels in Jersey or Guernsey
  • erny
    Free Member

Me and mrs erny are thinking of having a long weekend in Jersey or Guernsey,anybody know of any nice hotels in either?

camster
    Free Member

erny that all depends on budget but if you are treating yourselves and like Jersey, then the L'Horizon in St Brelades bay (beautiful setting, hotel on seafront)or the Atlantic Hotel or Longueville Manor (edge of St Helier). I think the last two are pretty much the top hotels on the island.

Gorey is a nice location on the East of the island (pretty harbour & castle) or West of St Helier at St Aubin (nice harbour again)but I don't know any hotels.

I'd try the L'Horizon, it's in a stunning location. I treated my wife to a spa morning there but have not stayed as we have family in Jersey.

Hope this helps – I'm afraid I don't know Guernsey!

40mpg

The Inn Jersey

Not quite as posh as it looks, but reasonable prices, walking distance into town, newly refurbished so very clean and nice modern decor, good food.

Took my missus there for her 40th last year and had a great weekend. Get a car and get around the island – lots of spectacular bays, the underground german hospital is well worth a visit too. And at the South of the island, the tide goes out miles and it looks like the surface of the moon!

UncleFred
    Free Member

Guernsey is a bit quieter and some respects a lot less an small English town than Jersey.

Hotels – The Imperial is a nice small hotel with a cracking Locals Pub attached to it and pretty good restaurant. The best part are the views overlooking Rocquaine Bay, if you're coming in the summer, this really is the best part of the island with a couple of good beaches in walking distant and easy access to some cracking cliff paths.

Cobo Bay Hotel is also in a good location right on Guernsey's most popular beach, and the pub next door gets very busy.

The Bella Luce has recently been refurbished and is now a boutique style hotel, bit pricey bit good food.

There's a few other nice hotels and lots of self catering places that might float your boat, if you do go Self Catering this will give you plenty more opportunity to try some of the excellent restaurants.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Erny, I live in Guernsey. In addition to UncleFreds recommendations also look at The OGH, The Fregate and La Grande Mare for some 4* luxury. Avoid the St Pierre Park.

The Chalet, Fermain Bay and Farmhouse hotels are also worth a look. Guernsey is handier for day trips to Sark and Herm than Jersey.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Silverpigeon, do I know you?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I'm sure I stayed here when I worked on Guernsey one summer for about 8 weeks.

It was years ago and looks to have been done up but was nice back then and was in a nice location.

The Yacht

Burts
    Free Member

2nd Cobo Bay pub for sunset drinking by the beach wall (on a sunny evening with no high tide, swell or onshore winds).

I've heard Bella Luce is very good now (my mum lives about 2min walk away) and the food was excellent at the Farmhouse when I last went (2yrs ago).

(Born & bred in Guernsey but haven't lived there for 10yrs+)

samuri
    Free Member

I have some very interesting stories about working on both Guernsey and Jersey. I spent two weeks on each island and in that short time I experienced things I've never experienced before and in some cases never really want to again.

It's hard to find a winner but I suspect the 'going home with a man who was at least part, woman' will be the most popular one.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Silverpigeon, do I know you?

Everybody knows everyone else on Guernsey. Where do you work?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hotels in Jersey or Guernsey’ is closed to new replies.