Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hotels and parking in Dijon
  • gozarch
    Free Member

Evening all.
    We’ve decided to have a night’s stopover in Dijon on our way down to the Alps for the Étape this year and I’m looking for advice re. hotels and parking. Mr gozarch has set his heart on the historic part of Dijon, and few of the hotels appear to have their own parking. I’d rather not have to leave the van full of bikes and associated paraphernalia miles away Ina public car park, so can anyone recommend anywhere, or am I being unduly paranoid?

gozarch
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crowd

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

hi,

i stayed in Dijon two years ago on the way back from the alps. But we stayed in an out of town centre hotel and just left the bikes in the room.

Why not just email/call the hotels and ask them if they have secure storage? Most French hotels are pretty good with this sort of thing as they are much more used to cyclists than any where in the UK.

Dijon itself is beautiful like most French towns. Enjoy

Mackem

Have you looked at Formule1.
    Cheap and the parking is usually ok.
    Distance from town is very variable.

edit…
    http://www.hotelf1.com/gb/hotel-2390-formule-1-hotelf1-dijon-nord/index.shtml

atlaz
    Free Member

Some liberal googling suggests that several have “parking sousterrain” including the Mercure Dijon Centre Clemenceau. Although getting a van in may be a squeeze in some so it’s worth phoning around

jambalaya
    Free Member

I can’t help with Dijon but have a look at this website for chambre d’hote (B&B +) we stayed in a fabulous place North of Dijon Carpe Diem close to a medieval village. You can book dinner there too. Many other good places on that website which we’ve used quite a lot. This place also La Maison Chaudenay very nice restaurant in nearby town of Chagny

Also may I be so bold as to suggest you consider Beaune too. Anywhere in the centre within walking distance of the Hospice. If you like your wines I can suggest some very good smaller single family produces with great simple Burgandy wines for 5 euros a bottle.

We go regularly and will be stopping off on our Alps biking trip to enjoy a couple of days in Burgandy and to stock up on wines.

peteimpreza

“If you like your wines I can suggest some very good smaller single family produces with great simple Burgandy wines for 5 euros a bottle”

me me me me me me me!!

details to email in profile please.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@pete my pleasure “recoltant” so they own the wines and make/bottle their own wines on site. Will dig out my list at home to email you but one from memory/my phone pics

Gilles Bouton (and Madame Valerie Bouton) just above the main village of Saint Aubin in Gamay 29 Rue Fontenotte – The Bourgogne rouge grand ordinaire was 3.5 I think, Bourgogne Rouge et Blanc (euro 5-6.50) plus they can sell you premier cru reds (10-15) or premier cru puligny montrachet at 20-25. We got one of the Premier Cru reds for my daughters wedding, originally we where going to buy the simple Bourgogne Rouge but they where sold out ! There are lots of producers in the villages, we have some excellent Dents de Chien (great name) premier cru white from Gerard Thomas (in Waitrose now for a lot more)

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP, Carpe Diem might not be so convenient from Troyes (we usually come from Paris as the Mrs is Parisien) but the drive cross country through Chablis is nice. Also if you want to visit something have a look at Abbey de Fontenay link

I love Burgandy, food, wines and excellent undulating xc riding to explore the vinyards 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Mrs is Parisien

Parisienne 🙄

godzilla
    Free Member

We stayed at the F1, there’s a place over the road that sell good beer, Its on a retail park but cheap and you can take your bike into the room.

nickjb
    Free Member

We normally stay around that area. Tend to arrive late, leave early and just stay in an f1. We have tried to stay in nicer places in town but the restaurants and shops shut early so you need several hours to make it worth while. Might as well just get a few more miles in.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Parisienne

My French is terrible, but I think you already know that 😳

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hotels and parking in Dijon’ is closed to new replies.