Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hotel / self-catering recommendations close to (Welsh / Lakes) trail centre?
  • GasmanJim
    Free Member

Just planning my 40th for later in the year. Would love to relive the heady days of my 30th and fly off to Morzine for a week’s biking, but being more realistic all our friends now have children and are unlikely to find the time for a decent overseas trip. So have scaled things back a bit and plan on a UK based long weekend.

Possible locations would be Wales (very handy as we live near Chester), the Lakes or Scottish borders.

Have previously used the Peebles Hydro (nice but pricey), the Langdale Estate (nice but pricey), and Dolmellyn Hall (awful).

Any one got any suggestions? A smartish cottage / house to rent would probably be best. Probably looking at around 10 or so people.

Thanks.

James

boxelder

Darling How in Whinlatter Forest
    Lots of other riding and other stuff to do. Not cheap, but cheaper than the Hydro! Great pub in Lorton and a couple of (mostly downhill) miles to Keswick.

midlifecrashes

This place is the wrong side of Dolgellau from CYB but still close, though the climb up from town is a lungbuster. Very comfy and great garden for kids to run around. We stayed a few years back and had a great time.
    Plas Hen, Torrent Walk Cottages

ART

Not stayed there but this place looks rather nice http://www.graigwen.co.uk and not far from CyB and the like…

ampthill

Every year my family books cottages in Elterwater. Not cheap but way cheaper than the time share.

I don’t think anyone cottage does 10 people but I think Gun Powder does 8. We are usually about 20 odd but stay in seperate cottages.

http://www.heartofthelakes.co.uk/st_giles_e.html

has the benefit of a large garage for bike storage

Post again for more recomendations in the village

johnfb
    Free Member

I’ve stayed here before
    Ghyll Bank
    Its not fancy but massive and close to all the Kentmere riding, the good Staveley pubs, bakery etc and Hawkshead brewery

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, will have a look at these suggestions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hotel / self-catering recommendations close to (Welsh / Lakes) trail centre?’ is closed to new replies.