Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • hotel recommendation- Glentress/Innerleithen
  • hora
    Free Member

I remember there was mention of a bike-popular reasonably priced hotel near to the trails?

p7rich
    Free Member

Don’t bother with Innerleithen. It’s just a small high st.Not much else. I’d recommend looking at somewhere in Peebles.

druidh
    Free Member

The Glentress Inn is owned by the same folk that now run the Peel cafe. I stayed there whilst doing my LeJog last summer and they could not have been more friendly/helpful. Food is great too. As for being near to the trail, it’s right on the entrance to GT.

Tracey

We usually stop at the Tontine in Peebles

hora
    Free Member

I’ve stayed there before. Its not cheap though? This is a place for lads. No ladies 😀

Simon

Stayed at the Glentress Hotel loads of times over the years, always had a good stay.
    Last time we were there in November ’11 it was £45 for bed, breakfast and evening meal which I thought was good value for money.
    Location is perfect for riding Glentress.

youngrob

There are self catering pods in Glentress. Innerleithen has Innerhaven, which is also self catering but designed for mountain bikers or you could try the Traquiar Hotel, the bar has some really good local ales. The Glentress Hotel, mentioned above, is also pretty bike friendly.

HTH

br
    Free Member

We’ve had good food in the Glentress Hotel, but no idea of the rooms etc.

BoardinBob

Stay in the forest lodges. Absolutely brilliant.

http://www.glentressforestlodges.co.uk/

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Go Where self catered?

Andy’s a sound bloke…

Diane
    Free Member

+1 for Go Where/Innerhaven. Lovely place and there’s no trail Andy doesn’t know 😀

Northwind

How many people? Glentress Hotel comes highly recommended, never stayed there but if you’re a group then the Bike Lodge is excellent, and Chris Ball’s place the Bike House is fantastic.

Bregante

Hora. Don’t mess about. Glentress Hotel is the one.

Great brekkie. Secure bike storage and bike wash. Basic but clean rooms and perfect position for the trails.

01721 720100,

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

We’ve all got different budgets but – if you’ve got a partner with you that’s not a mad mtb’er then the Cardrona (MacDonalds Hotels I think) is worth a look. Spa type stuff. Golf and other stuff to keep SO happy for a day.

We dont stay that way too often – its only an hour away from us – but when we do this is her second choice (first is Stobo which is downright bloody ridiculous price wise!)

Otherwise if you like simple good /top quality food and rooms with a quality atmosphere the Horseshoe Inn in Middleston is also good. Wrong side of Peebles for Inners though.

rickmeister

Another vote for Innerhaven, Andy and Aneela are great hosts and its all about biking…

hora
    Free Member

Glentress hotel for the win 8)

Bregante – that is one firm spring. What do you keep in your pockets, bricks? 😆

MrsToast
    Free Member

We always stay at Glede Knowe guest house in Innerleithen for our anniversary. Lovely place, great owners, great views and fantastic breakfasts.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘hotel recommendation- Glentress/Innerleithen’ is closed to new replies.