Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hotel in Galashiels?
  • deejayen
    Free Member

I’m hoping to ride from Galashiels at the weekend, and need to find somewhere to stay, so looking for recommendations.

I’ve stayed at the Abbotsford Arms before, but it was awful, and at the time their website made it appear to be one of the better hotels in the town.

A quick web search shows a handful of nicer looking guest houses (Maplehurst, Hawthorn Bank, Binniemyre etc) so I might try one of those, although they’re quite expensive (Maplehurst = £99 per night).

Any experience of these (or others)?

kcal

KIngsknowes looks pretty good (been there for a funeral tea and I still have relatives in Gala). Might be even more pricey though 🙁 nice location by the river, out of town on Tweed.

deejayen
    Free Member

Thanks very much. I just came across that one – pricelist says from £75 per night).

kcal

its quite ‘twee’ and I don’t know what you’d get for £75 but conservatory is a nice place, looks across to Abbotsford IIRC, and quiet location, access to most places is easy too.

deejayen
    Free Member

I don’t really need a lot – I’ll be out riding before breakfast is served, and it’ll be late/dark when I return. Just need somewhere clean, comfy and quiet, preferably with a bath. I don’t go away often, but it can be quite difficult finding these basics.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hotel in Galashiels?’ is closed to new replies.