Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hotel between London and Brighton (or in Brighton)
  • swdan
    Free Member

Right, in a couple of weeks time I’m heading to Brighton with my wife and rather than do the usual day trip want to make more of a weekend of it.

We live in South London and will be driving down to see friends on the Saturday, however I was thinking about staying the Friday night either in Brighton or on the way(ish).

Do the good people of STW have any recommendations for nice hotels that fit this criteria? Someone in the countryside might be nice and in an ideal world not more than £130 for the night. Failing that, any recommendations for hotels in Brighton itself, have staying in a couple and they weren’t anything special and looking on google brings up no end of places.

So, over to you guys…

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Pelham House in Lewes is nice enough. Stayed there after the London to Brighton Off Road a couple of years back. Good Breakfast and a cheap cab to Brighton.

Also look at the Gingerman restaurant for a bit of dinner.

njee20
    Free Member

South Lodge in Horsham is nice.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Also be aware that many hotels in Brighton work on a 2 night minimum stay..it’s a pain.

theotherjonv
    hora
    Free Member

Cbmotorsport – only in high season or the deluded mad tiny B&B ones.

Not sure if its still good but Granville on the seafront was good

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Cbmotorsport – only in high season or the deluded mad tiny B&B ones.

Ah, ok. Only ever looked in Summer! 🙂

Straightliner

Hotel du Vin seem to be doing offers at the moment and they have one in the centre of Brighton.

hora
    Free Member

Ive got go on the 18th Jan. Bestmate lives there/birthday- the Jan wind off the sea aint for sunbathing!

swdan
    Free Member

Some good pointers there everyone, will check them out.
    Surprisingly there still seem to be a fair few places asking for a 2 night minimum, even on the 17th Jan. We have friends in Brighton and Lewes so know the places well but usually stay at their houses,know nothing about hotels! I’ll see what I can find.

Cheers

Buzzard
    Free Member

could recommend this – just off th M23 – if you like an Old Manor House.

http://www.hshotels.co.uk/ockenden-manor-hotel-and-spa

Restaurant good too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hotel between London and Brighton (or in Brighton)’ is closed to new replies.