Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hot Tubs – Views from those who have got them please
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Wife likes the idea of a hydrotherapy pool and I fancy having a hot tub for swingers night.

Anyone got a hot tub?

Please tell me what is good, bad and worth looking out before I cough for several £K

Cheers

WCA

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

scaredypants

rent one and see ?

what happened to your sauna – you still use that ?

jota180
    Free Member

OK if it’s just yours and your missus

But … Relaxing with a Martini whilst other people’s bum detritus disperses in the tub is not for me

matt_outandabout

Nice bush, CFH.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I got rid of the sauna (much regret) because it was quite small.

Rent one – I know I like them and she has discovered the benefits of hydrotherapy so now is on board.

This gives me the chance to build a summer house with a decent size sauna and have the hydrotherapy pool / hot tub in the same space with the wifes blessing.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Go to 4od and watch last weeks programme entitled “hot tub Britain” it will save you a few quid hopefully. We’ve been toying with the idea for ages after having several holidays where ones been available. I came on here coupla months ago asking for “real world figures” and it would seem between 10/15 quid a week to run is pretty standard.

STATO
    Free Member

Its not a STW thread if it dosnt involve burning wood.

dutchtub

scaredypants

semen kills Legionella, if applied liberally 😀

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Didn’t we do this one a few weeks ago?

wrightyson
    Free Member
    MaryHinge
    Free Member

Had one for the last 8 years. Wouldn’t be without it.

Use it a few times a week, in winter sitting in it at night when it’s dark watching the planes and satellites come over is ace

Nice on cold sunny days as you are warm and outside and it feels like you are on holiday.

First thing in the morning before work with a coffee.

After a good long ride.

Maybe a tenner a week running costs. Parts can be expensive but they are not that difficult to fix yourself if you are DIY competent.

I put a small scoop of chlorine granules in after each use, or once a week if not used. No real bother. Dip a tests trip I once a fortnight but don’t normally need any other chemicals added.

Only me and the missis now so water stays in for 3-4 months. Avoid getting in with make up, moisturiser sun cream etc keeps it clean and clear. Also don’t wash your cozzie as the detergent can cause foam and cloudy water.

Great for parties as kids love it.

@ Wrightyson – as a fellow belperite you are welcome to pop round and have a chat about it. It really takes no effort to look after.

We bought ours when we couldn’t get a summer holiday as we were all doing exams at various times. Cost about the same a s a decent family holiday and we get to use it all year every year.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

One of my mates at uni brought one to our place, it was utterly rank by the end of the year.

Never again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hot Tubs – Views from those who have got them please’ is closed to new replies.