Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Horror story with Maxxis High Rollers in mud
  • ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member

I got on a bike years ago with MX style brakes

You do know the front brake on an MXer is on the right don’t you?

Or are you as daft as the OP?

not always in the US, where I spent most of my yooooof!

njee20
    Free Member

Surely in the US your push bike brakes were ‘backwards’ too, and thus would still match an MX bike?

singlespeedstu

No. MX bikes have the front brake on the right in any country

Like the OP you are making it worse for yourself. 😆

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

nah, I refuse to be owned by the king on wannbe niche!! 😕

singlespeedstu

Carry on living in your own fantasy world then. 😆

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

true……

singlespeedstu

You’ll be telling me next that American MX bikes have the rear brake on the right hand side of the bars…. 😆

Feel free to call me a king if you want though. 8)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’ll tell you if you don’t post on stw for a least 5 mins of the day…..

singlespeedstu

I just can’t resist taking the piss out of “experts” like you though. 😆 😉

Anyway lets get back to the OP’s point…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

And you’re all I hate about mountain biking though 😉

singlespeedstu

Green is an unatractive colour chunk. 8)

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

So obviously a bad wind-up, if for no other reasons than Tioga DH’s are quite possibly the worst tyres ever, what bike shop would remove the hoses to bleed the brakes (or remove the levers from the bars), and what sort of freak wouldn’t notice that their brakes were the wrong way round, especially as they claim they had the back wheel locked up last week?

So, either a troll or the slowest retard who ever swung a leg over a bike (probably a tandem, as I imagine balance would be an issue to such a belm)

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I rode Les Crosets Red twice in a row in July on a newly hired bike without realising the brakes were on the wrong way round. Went over the bars once and then skidded down a fireroad on my arm, before a mate had a go on the bike and realised what the problem was.

But a month!

trailmonkey

loving the go faster/shed mud solutions. 😆

devs
    Free Member

I suspect the OP had vegetable oil in his brake hoses.

jhw
    Free Member

I don’t generally brake on corners or steeps, only on straights, and the brakes I’ve got have excellent modulation so I just didn’t really notice. It was harder to skid and endo, and lost a bit of finesse, but not a massive change.

If you’re smooth on the brakes reversing them without your knowledge shouldn’t make that much difference! wrong shock or tyre pressure has a way more instant effect on your ride.

This felt more like…skiing with a couple of clips on your boots open. After a while you notice something’s wrong, but it’s not immediately obvious.

It’s just one of those weird things. I really don’t pay that much attention to my bike I suppose! I’ve seen people on Alps trips spend hours in the garage fettling their bikes instead of riding (hi there if this is you) and I would say that is the most retarded thing I’ve encountered, not this, although this is still quite retarded. Grabbing panicky fistfuls of brake in the way that it sounds like some of you are doing is also very retarded. May I suggest you find a skills course in your area.

Either way, Maxxis’ reputation comes off unscathed! Although they do clog like a motherb*tch

br
    Free Member

If you’re smooth on the brakes reversing them without your knowledge shouldn’t make that much difference!

Front is for stopping.
    Back is for skidding.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

So you ride for a month, not noticing that your brakes are on the wrong way round, you have problems handing the steep slopes of Holmbury Hill because your bike is fishtailing, which would lead us to believe that you are front braking down steep slopes to get a fishtailing effect with your reversed brakes and we are the people that need skills courses?

And no matter how many times you drop in that you ride the alps no-one believes that you are anything but a poor rider or on a wind up (I think the latter if that helps).

coogan
    Free Member

It was harder to skid and endo

Call me crazy, but I’d say it would be nigh on impossible…

RustySpanner

If you’re smooth on the brakes reversing them without your knowledge shouldn’t make that much difference! wrong shock or tyre pressure has a way more instant effect on your ride.

It was harder to skid and endo, and lost a bit of finesse, but not a massive change.

Either a subtle and brilliant, nay world class troll, or you’re actually eleven and waiting for Santa to bring you a real bike for Christmas.

As you seem to be able to spell ‘brake’ correctly, I suspect the former.

Well done Sir, carry on!

Drac

Was it not your fragile little mind couldn’t work out the bike being upside down meant the brakes were reversed.

Drac

Oops double post due to bad phone network

steeble
    Free Member

I think maybe jhw has hit his head one too many times, probably from going over the handlebars after trying to do a skid but accidently doing an endo. Maybe its time for you to have a lie down in a nice dark room.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Horror story with Maxxis High Rollers in mud’ is closed to new replies.