Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Horror movies
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Insidious and the strangers gave my girlfriend a few nightmares recently. I don’t really get scared by films but computer games can scare me: silent hill 1 & 2, the cradle bit in thief 3 and a few jumps in FEAR.

nicko74

The Mist is really good, and top marks for the ending, very non-hollywood.

Creepy and atmospheric rather than boo ! scarey.
    Good call! I loved that film, it had an excellent B movie feel to it, but was still gripping throughout. And the ending was just great.

paulo6624
    Free Member

some good choices above, silent hill definatley up there with scariest memmories, lived on my own at the time played in total darkness for about 4 hours and then didnt sleep for a week, blair witch ending just about the only film that has ever interupted my sleep.

some recent horrors i have watched that are worth a punt /
    the tunnel, found footage film very good.
    stakeland, end of the world vampire stuff, deffo worth a watch
    lake mungo, found footage
    last house on the left
    shelter as much a thriller as a horror but 7 out of ten

the last broadcast a bit older but very good found footage movie
    and my fave of the last year “the collector” dig it out its brilliant

as you can probably tell i love the found footage type movies if anyone can point me in the direction of any that i may have missed let me know

loddrik
    Free Member

The opening escape sequence in 28 weeks later is superb, as is the Masive Attack tune.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

30 days of night.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Stephen Kings – It , watched with friends during the teenage years with a bit of weed …the 2 mile walk home in the middle of the night / country roads was scary as hell , we all walked down the centre of the road!

Silent hill as soon as that siren goes off
    Ring
    Alien ( when Dallas is in the vent – still gets me now)

And yes Wolf creek

petrieboy

+1 for “It” watched first time as a pre teen and clowns still freak me out.
    Ore recently Creep was pretty good

Bagstard
    Free Member

28 days later was good, I love a bit of post apocalyptic horror. Watched 28 weeks later at the cinema and found it really depressing.

Ghost stories are my favourite though, spine tingling and spooky rather than gore.

chomp
    Free Member

I’m also one of the few that was left feeling very spooked by Blair Witch. Watched it in the first week of release over in the US while working over there, went to cinema on my own, didn’t know anything really about the film but it was the only thing that was still to start (was about 11:30pm when I went in).

The ending left me sitting in my seat absolutely dumb struck, and although I knew it couldn’t have really been ‘found footage’ it still scared the life out of me. There were people screaming in the cinema who (from a bit of earwigging as we left the cinema) honestly thought it was a snuff film they had witnessed. The media around the film was excellently handled, and there were a lot of the US beleiving it was real.

Having bigged up the film to all my mates, almost everyone that saw it after knowing what it was about thought it was a bit shit, and not really scary.

staralfur
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member

Zodiac – For some reason this one got right under my skin and had me sleeping restlessly for a few day after, great movie though.

You should read the book

After my sleep got back to normal I read the book, back to square one. It lives way way under th ebed totally out of reach, never to be read again.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Horror movies’ is closed to new replies.