• This topic has 22 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by myti.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Horrid flu.
  • user-removed
    Free Member

This is the very last place in the world I’d come for sympathy, but now I’m a bit older, holy moly, when it hits, it’s desperately awful. Paracets and Ibufrofen are stopping the muscular pain in my neck but my head wants to pop, my throat is full of 10 speed cassettes and I’m dripping pints from my nose.

Can barely walk the dog let alone get on a bike. Sympathy please. Or ridicule – won’t register either way tbh.

Drac

You’re posting on here let alone walking the dog so not full blown flu. 🙂

martinhutch

Go to bed.

Shit time of year to be feeling crap. Sunshine, dry trails…I guess that’s not helping though. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

You appear to have the male strain of the flu virus.

user-removed
    Free Member

It’s full blown hallucinations when I go outside. The sky’s green and stuff. I kind of have to walk the dog or suffer barking all evening which is as painful as you might imagine. And through all this, people are asking me to do normal work stuff which I just can’t do.

Never normally get ill so it’s come as a bit of a shock.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The real flu doesn’t exist in non-horrid form. 😉

Get well soon, whatever bug you have!

MoreCashThanDash

That’s a cold, not flu. Rest, medicate, stop whining and stop giving women an excuse to continue this **** myth of “manflu”.

martinhutch

I had some cool hallucinations when I was developing pneumonia. I take it you’re running a decent fever? Definitely bed rest time.

user-removed
    Free Member

I have to say, this is far more sympathy than I’d expected from you bonny boys. Ta. Alternating paracetamol and ibuprofen. If it isn’t flu, it can’t be far off.

So, whisky or not? And the good stuff or the Bells from the back of the cupboard?

martinhutch

Isopropyl alcohol for the throat numbing beauty of it.

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m at a point where Dot 5 seems like a reasonable suggestion…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

MTFU you have a cold

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

You’ve got a bit of a virus.You wouldn’t be posting on here if you had flu…
    I’ve just got over some virus where you get a really sore throat & hacking cough,took about 6 weeks to work through.It’s frustrating when we’ve had all this great weather. 👿

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Same here – strangest symptom is the sore roof of the mouth and how no food tastes good

funkmasterp

I had flu once. It was horrendous and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. What you’ve got princess is a cold or something. Are you one of those people who says they have a migraine when they’ve actually got a headache? You need to put two teaspoons of concrete in your next brew to help you toughen up 😉

onehundredthidiot

Feel your pain. Flu like symptoms started 8days ago. Was in bed until today, apart from having to get up to walk dogs, not much food.
    Nicely developed a chest infection on Wednesday, apparently the weathers been nice. I sat outside today in a fleece and down jacket, hacking cough, which looked odd as the neighbour’s were in shorts and tees.

user-removed
    Free Member

Only on day three and if I had the energy, I’d refute some of these allegations about not really being ill. It’s the sort of crapness that means you never really sleep and when you do catch the odd half hour, you wake up with your whole head stuck to the pillow with snot.

And then the idea of getting wet is so hideous that you don’t shower or shave which makes everything a bit worse.

onehundredthidiot

Yeah, it’s going around. Kinda lost track of the days early part of the week.

wilko1999
    Free Member

As mentioned above that’s a nasty cold. The clue is ‘barely able to walk the dog’. Flu means barely able to lift your head off the pillow. However I do actually sympathise as colds can make you feel awful, made even worse by the dry trails calling

Drac

If it isn’t flu, it can’t be far off.

It either is or it isn’t. 😆

johnw1984
    Free Member

Started with a cold on Friday, went to Llandegla yesterday with it. Now I am regretting it 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

No dog walk today. Can get my head off the pillow but only to go downstairs for pills. Got weird, dancing black spots at the edge of my vision. Is this normal?

myti
    Free Member

Sounds dreadful. Have you had the night sweats yet. I had flu last year and was drenching the sheets every night for 2 weeks! Hope you start to feel better soon. Call some friends or family to walk the dog and bring you supplies. Make sure they wash their hands after.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Horrid flu.’ is closed to new replies.