Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Horoscopes – humkum bumkum or genuine help/guidance?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Often thought about this, years ago it seemed to be a popular question at dinner parties “what sign are you, ohhh let me guess” and all that. Previous incarnation of MrsBouy was a follower of the Signs in the Sky, to the point of reading yearly/monthly and daily forcasts from Mr JC, and would have her yearly forcast done.. This MrsBouy laughs in the face of it all but has her own “view” of forcasts and the like.

Me, I remain sceptic..

You? Are you a believer?

konabunny
    Free Member

complete toss

IHN

Seriously? 😕

bruneep
    noteeth
    Free Member

“You will suddenly be abused by complete strangers on the internet…”

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You need to ask?

mudshark
    Free Member

Are you a Virgo? They’re far too skeptical for their own good they are.

willard

Seriously, do you really need to ask?

GrahamS

Why are you anti-horoscope types so angry? 😉

RobHilton
    Free Member

Some interesting speakers at these meetings, but some pedantic nobbers are bound to turn up.

Skeptics in the Pub

mudshark
    Free Member

I gather there are many Virgos here, they’re generally frustrated.

iDave
    Free Member

I am a gemini and so is my wife

nealglover
    Free Member

Unfathomable how, otherwise normal seeming people, believe in such toss.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Well I for one will not do anything if it doesn’t fit in with my astrological chart. We are born at a particular location and time in the universe and to think that it makes no difference to your life and the sort of person you are is just blind.

You have to be pretty careful about which experts to believe though. Mystic meg is nonsense, Russel Howard is very talented. That may be why some are sceptical, maybe they are just listening to lower quality horoscopers?

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Lazy troll, must try harder 1/10

GrahamS

Mystic meg is nonsense, Russel Howard is very talented.

crankboy
    Free Member

I religiously follow psychic Bob he is freakishly accurate.

“This week why not conduct a major survey where you somehow forget to ask a lot of rioters why they are such arseholes?”

cheers_drive

How is astrology any less believable than religion?

Unfathomable how, otherwise normal seeming people, believe in such toss.

Quite

Torminalis
    Free Member

oo, oo, not him, I meant this one…

It’s weird really as my phrenologist told me that my biorythmic cycles would cause me to make trivial errors in the run up to Chinese new year.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

A gypsy once read my tea leaves and said that due to the length of my life line and the fact I carried both a rabbits foot and a four leaf clover that if a black cat should ever cross my path whilst I walked under some ladders then I shouldn’t read my horoscope.

It is all the biggest pile of nonsense ever. That is of course unless you are a fat, ugly, 40-something divorcee with nothing better to do than spend 89p a minute on premium rate phone lines that will tell you you’ll meet a tall dark handsome stranger when you’re buying discount coffee in Aldi.

GrahamS

oo, oo, not him, I meant this one…

Looks like they go to the same hairdresser.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Horoscopes – humkum bumkum or genuine help/guidance?’ is closed to new replies.