Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Horizon tonight
  • scotabroad

I used to think this was a science programme, this tosh is closer to tabloid journalism.

allthepies
    Free Member

Dumbed down a few yrs ago.

GrahamS

Yep, every Horizon I've watched in recent years has involved at least one person in the room shouting angrily at the telly. It manages an infuriating mix of good points, tabloid-style sensationalist points and hugely over-simplified explanations and positions.

CHB

Utter tosh these days, used to be best science on TV (well that and Equinox). Think I will write to BBC and complain. Shall we have a co-ordinated POV letter write-in?

scotabroad

Would POV = why, oh, why, oh, why do i…………… 😀

westkipper
    Free Member

I dont have a TV these days, but I used to quite like Horizon, though it got a bit irritating when the programme would concentrate more on the personalities and story behind the episode than the 'boring stuff', y'know the actual science bit.
    Then, like every other f***ing programme on TV these days, it started to rely on celebrities to introduce it, like its editors couldn't see any other way to make science palatable to the lowest common denominator. M**********rs!
    …and as for Channel 4, with the way it dropped Equinox, there should be a science jihad against the dumbed down fudds! 👿

chorlton
    Free Member

It went downhill along time ago. You're better off listening to Material World on Radio 4.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Horizon tonight’ is closed to new replies.