Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Horizon binge drinking
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Crickey, with the panic around this subject you’d have thought binge drinking is something that is a new phenomenon and it hasn’t been going on since the middle ages! I didn’t watch the programme on purpose because I could guess its conclusions – guess what – binge drinking is bad. No shit Sherlock. The only difference between binge drinking that has been going on for centuries and the binge drinking that is going on now, is that people generally are drinking stronger and shittier drinks containing more chemical additives that are probably worse for you than the alcohol. That people are doing it more frequently and from a younger age and for longer as they tend to get married and settled down later in life. And that with more CCTV around our town and city centres we’re seeing more images of pissed up people behaving badly, so shock tactics play a part. What things like this completely ignore are the other influencing factors like, for example, peoples individual constitutions. Half my family are Scottish and practically raging alcoholics (not intending to sterotype) and they tend to live well into their 80’s or early 90’s and die from non-alcohol related causes. Clearly there is something going on there that makes them genetically more tolerant to alcohol than others. Everything in moderation and occasionally somethings in excess and you can’t go wrong.

r17anm
    Free Member

I dont think any chemical additives in booze are more toxic than alcohol
    Ive never had a raging hangover from haribo

slowoldman

I didn’t watch the programme on purpose because I could guess its conclusions – guess what – binge drinking is bad

You should have watched it. It wasn’t quite so clear cut.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Horizon binge drinking’ is closed to new replies.