• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by lune.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hope/Wiggle warranty
  • lune
    Free Member

Any advice on Best route for warranty returns on a Pro 2 Evo rear wheel?
    I purchased a set of Hope Hoops from Wiggle back in July and only just fitted them to my newly finished long termer project in January. They’ve had around 200 mile usage in under 3 months and the rear wheel has side to side play, suspect premature bearing failure…
    So I phoned Hope tech support today and they’ve just said stick the wheel in the post and we’ll take a look at it, they haven’t took any details or committed to anything but the fella sounded like it wouldn’t be a botha.
    Now I’ve completed the Hope returns paperwork packaged the wheel up and realised this is gonna cost me around £25 postage as a kick off without any guarantees that hope will fix under warranty…
    Am I better off sending back to Wiggle ( free returns) and letting them fwd it onto Hope or whatever? I’ll pay the £25 postage and go direct to Hope if a I’m more likely to get better customer service and swifter resolution, or do people think Wiggle should be the ones to sort out.

What’s peoples thoughts or experiences on this kinda thing?
    Cheers!

generallevi
    Free Member

Regardless of how you get it there mate, you will not be disappointed. Nobody and I mean nobody does aftercare/customer service like Hope does.

They are on another level.

Your wheel will come back good as new if not new so don’t have any hesitation about what they will do when they receive it.

Hopefully others on here have had similar experiences with Hope over the years and will back up what I’m saying. Top set of lads…..

Speshpaul

“without any guarantees that hope will fix under warranty”
    first off, you have the Hope guarantee, if you’ve not experianced it already then you are in for treat. your well be corrected.

Ring wiggle, if they have to send it to hope then they may be happy for you to send it direct or have a courier collect it and send it directly.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I sent a pair of wheels via ups today for a tenner so thats worst case scenario?

andyl
    Free Member

will cost you between £4 to £10 + vat to send the wheel using a courier service through one of the courier brokers – eg parcel2go, parcelmonkey etc. Or get Wiggle to do it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If it’s that much and it’s bearings, put some new ones in yourself. However, I’m sure you can post them for less than that. If it were me (okay, I’d replace the bearings) but secondly, I’d go stright to hope. Wiggle will get you the same resolution but will take longer. (wiggle are not in my good books right now but I think my response if fair).

lune
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice, I’m going to send direct to Hope as I’d prefer not add any additional delays.
    I’d got my postage quote from thinking I’d send as Royal Mail Special Delivery and you’re right there are cheaper alternatives to pick from so I’ll try that.
    Crossed fingers Hope will fix/replace ok and from comments above I should be in good hands.
    Cheers!

scaredypants

can you build wheels ?
    Dismantle and send the hub

granny_ring

Why should he have to do all that if given what he said is true then surely it’s a warranty issue?

Could try gwizz or parcelmonkey, I’ve used both with no problems.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Now I’ve completed the Hope returns paperwork packaged the wheel up and realised this is gonna cost me around £25 postage

Much cheaper alternatives

I dont think bearings are covered by gurantee tbh as they are consumable [ how would anyone know how far you have ridden] but it sounds like Hope will do as they are just a great company

lune
    Free Member

Haha, the wheel would have a much bigger issue than dodgy bearings if I was to re build the wheel!
    Junkyard I totally appreciate I may be relying on a bit of goodwill from Hope re the bearings and hence I didn’t want to spend good few quid on postage just to be told sling ur hook. Like u say they sound like a good bunch, so fingers crossed, they’ll sort things out. Hopefully fact rims are immaculate should go someway to prove I’m not takin pi$$.

Found couriers for around £10 from the suggestions above so thanks for those 😉

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

I posted a set of wheels out last week by the post office-£8 8)

mattmbk
    Free Member

I sent a 2 year old Hope Hoop with a cracked Pro2 hub back to Hope and they replaced the hub, rebuilt the wheel and sent it back 3 days later all free of charge. Top class service.

br
    Free Member

Now I’ve completed the Hope returns paperwork packaged the wheel up and realised this is gonna cost me around £25 postage as a kick off without any guarantees that hope will fix under warranty…

Eh? My son just sent a parcel the equivilent size to me, it was £5.30.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Just to add further, Hope have legendary customer service. Always help me out with little problems (broken axle on pro 2, hope vision 4 lights needed new PCB, new circlips).

The are the benchmark other companies should be looking at.

slinkybike
    Free Member

It’s probably just a single Bearing that has failed, it happened to me with new some pro two’s. I just replaced the bearing myself as it was easier than sending the wheel away.

lune
    Free Member

Shipped the wheel around 8pm on Friday and it’s back fixed today!
    Cost around £7.50 for the MyHermes courier and Hope were spot on as everyone said they would be.

Rolling again, cheers to all, happy days 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hope/Wiggle warranty’ is closed to new replies.