Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • HopeTech M4 Bleeding
  • Andy-W
    Free Member

Is it normal for me to see very tiny air bubbles comming from inside the master cylinder when i pump the brake lever after the bleed nipple has been nipped back up at the caliper end

Cheers

Andy

slowrider
    Free Member

yep, thats ok, you know you have to put the diaphragm and cap back on, turn the lever vertical, pump it a few times, put the lever flat again, remove diaphragm and top it up again?i think thats to expel those last few bubbles.

Andy-W
    Free Member

Yes done that cheers….just getting a bit worried like you always do when doing stuff like this at silly O clock the night b4 a early start…..one other thing…is it normal for the fluid to be proper brown/black and shitty even in the master cylinder ??

bike only 10 months old and its only the second bleed of the rears

thanks again…….

udder
    Free Member

I'm surprised that you've bled your rear brakes twice in 10 months. I've been running Mono Mini's for over a year including a week in the Pyrenees and they've still fine. They got really, really hot in the Pyrenees too.

Whoever set them up must have left a few bubbles in the system in the first place…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Go for a ride, fix the brake later. If you kill yourself riding, the un-bled brake won't matter much. Have fun!

Andy-W
    Free Member

Snow stopped play 🙁

Will have to wait two whole weeks before test ride time ….bugga

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘HopeTech M4 Bleeding’ is closed to new replies.