Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope XC hubs – are parts still available?
  • ononeorange

My elderly Hope XC hub on my singlespeed apeears to be rapidly dying – the clicks have become very uneven and it feels really claggy. Are the main parts (pawls, springs, bearings etc) the same as in the Pro II, and if not, are they still available does anyone know?

Good to know before I pull it to bits!

wwaswas

chainreaction do all the bits if your lbs doesn't stock them.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yes everything is still available, most likely just wants a service & the muck cleaing out, worst case it'll need a new ratchet ring, which Hope can fit into the hub for you.
    Many lbs's will keep bearings in stock for them & often pawls & springs

ononeorange

Thanks guys. Will crack it open next weekend (and will presumably find out where all the mud has gone to round our way!).

cp

yep, will prob need a new ratchet ring too. When I sent mine to Hope for a bearing replacement (cheaper than doing it myself really), they also replaced the ratchet ring, pawls and springs. Excellent service from Hope.

Did mine about a year ago, parts still available.

nickegg
    Free Member

If you manage to break an XC hub even the hub bodies are still available, as a warranty replacement only though!

Couldn't believe it when i rung them about my broken spoke flange on my 3 year old hub (came OE on my 2007 Marin Wolfridge). Sent them the broken one and they rebuilt the lot into a new hub body for me!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope XC hubs – are parts still available?’ is closed to new replies.