Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope XC Hub – 20mm conversion?
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Accidentally acquired a Hope XC front hub, built into a Mavic D321 rim (thought I’d only bought a rim!) it’s no use to me as a complete wheel as the hub is 9mm and the rim is very heavy. I need the rim for a 150mm rear wheel, but might be able to get another rim for peanuts, so not an issue keeping the wheel as a spare, if it’s useful for me.

95% sure I cant convert it to 20mm to make it useful, but wanted to check? 15mm conversion I might be able to use,mbut not 9mm QR.

Cheers.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

pretty sure its not convertible to anything because the bearings are too big, which is why they are more reliable, less aggro than Pro 2, and have been dropped by Hope 🙄

flog it on as just a hub youll probably get most of your money back if you thought youd only paid for a rim, XC hubs are well regarded for reasons above.

PJM1974
    Free Member

No, you can’t convert an XC hub unfortunately.

Still, it’s worth either hanging on to for another project or maybe selling it on the forum.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Ok, no worries. Its an odd wheel anyway, Hope XC 9mm with a heavy DH rim, if I could have got it to fit my 20mm forks it would have done as a wheel to hang a wet weather tyre for my DH bike on. As it is, I’ll dismantle and sell the hub, will get my money back no problem I’d expect.

Cheers.

kaesae
    Free Member

The XC hubs run bearings with a small inner bore, does it say XC on it, they look a lot like the bulb hubs.

How many spoke is the back wheel? I have some ex729 rims 32 spoke lying in my cubourd that are brand new.

Maybe we could do a swap!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope XC Hub – 20mm conversion?’ is closed to new replies.