Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope vision two not working
  • tirider
    Free Member

Could anyone shine some light on this. Got some Hope lights, they worked fine the other day, went to them last night and they only work on low and flash every few seconds? (The battery was 3/4 charged) If I put it on charge the led on the charger stays green, ie not charging. Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else and if so what did you do to fix?

Simon

Contact Hope. I’m sure they’ll sort it out.

tirider
    Free Member

I’m sure they will. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t me being a numpty or if i could do a simple fix before I contact them.

tangent
    Free Member

sounds like you have looked into this already, but on the Hope website there’s a instruction video about charging the batteries…they are quite specific about having the charger and battery plugged into each other before connecting to to the mains and switching on too charge…dunno if that might be the issue? Prob best look at the video,as I might not have explained it very well!

elaineanne
    Free Member

yeah as tangent says there is a specific way to plug things in the correct way round before plugging into the mains plug…they do specify this on the Hope website…. do give them a ring tho…these guys are brilliant at helping. !!!!!! 😉

tirider
    Free Member

I’m sure its not a charging issue. I’ve been using these lights for two years now with no probs and charging as per Hope instructions. I think its the battery thats gone into shutdown for whatever reason?

jimw
    Free Member

I had exactly the same problem a while ago with an old hope 2- the one with the soft cloth case. It was the leads into the battery that had become intermittently connected due to flexing of the wire, seemed to provide enough voltage to work the lamp in get home mode but would not take a charge- took the battery pack apart and shortened and re-soldered the wires, wrapped with self amalgamating tape and now works fine again.
    I had contacted hope who said send it in and they would sort it out but managed to do it myself
    edit: My experience with Hope customer service is that they are second to none and so may be the best bet to let them sort it out- I only did it my way because I needed the light the next day and it was worth a try

Mugboo

I had a problem last year where they wouldn’t work right. Sent them back and they put a new board in, no questions asked 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope vision two not working’ is closed to new replies.