Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Hope Vision lights… confused
  • Gnnr

Sorry for the hijack… Trout did you get my email re the Lumi SYS4, not sure if your getting my email OK. Cheers G.

Mugboo

I’m dropping it at Si’s today so he can compare it with his standard light. No doubt he’ll post up a beam shot.

trout
    Free Member

tease.

What are your first impressions

GNNR I was working till late yesterday and grabbed a snack and straight to bed knackered
    will check emails this morning

Flaperon

They have apparently changed the drivers in the 2013 model – only change I can see is a slightly revamped trail setting and, according to Hope, slightly better battery life.

Simon

Mugboo – Member
    I’m dropping it at Si’s today so he can compare it with his standard light. No doubt he’ll post up a beam shot.

Right, I do have the Hope R4 that Trout modified. I had a quick ride last night with it but I can’t do “proper” off-road as my hand is in a cast still, but the modded R4 is considerably brighter than my standard R4. I struggled to find anywhere dark enough or not overgrown to take some beam shots so went home and did them in the back garden which wasn’t ideal as you can’t gauge how far the light is travelling. (Tyre swing is approx 12m away).
    The throw of the beam was what disappointed me about my R4. I bought it as a helmet light and it was poor in comparison to my old halogen MR16 30w Philips ES running on a big 14.4v battery.

Anyway here are the photos.
    Standard Hope R4 on high.

Standard Hope R4 on high.
    IMG_8676 by SiBooth, on Flickr

Trout modified R4 on high

Trout modified R4 on high
    IMG_8672 by SiBooth, on Flickr

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision lights… confused’ is closed to new replies.