Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope Vision 4's
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

my magic shine died the other week in the snow, wiring gone. tech guy at work is having a look, but the battery looks fused as well

took the plunge on the hopes, in the past i have had 3 different types from lead acid, to cateye to magicshine. They came this morning, fanatsic build quality etc, especially the mounts. the light looks great, however its daylight! So i am getting ready to have a quick ride tonight.

So any tips,mount options, experience. And whats the deal with mounting to the stem with the plate? can it be bolted to an Easton stem?

stevied
    Free Member

The stem plate is, IMO, the best way to mount a light. The stem plates would only fit, IIRC, Hope – Thompson and FSA stems so don’t think it will fit your Easton.
    edit: Did it come with a stem plate? If so, and it’s for a OS Thompson and you don’t want it, I’d be interested 🙂

chorlton
    Free Member

Im still using an original Hope 4 as my only light I got in 2008 not long after they first came out and its been great. Plenty of light for me. Have always mounted mine on the bars without any problems. Don`t know about the new ones but mines a bit too heavy for helmet mount. Have recently bought one of those cheap led torches from Aldi I could use for that.

It has stopped working twice in that time though. Unsuprising given the use it gets all through the winter.
    Hope fixed it foc within a week so no complaints.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

no stem plate i am afraid, just have seen them around.

i am amazed at how good the whole thing is, i know its more money, but it will get used. mounts on cheap lights always fail.

i like the look of the district lights, but ironically really bright rear lights could make the drivers not be able to spatially place where you are. i prefer three red leds, so the buggers/drivers can chosse which ones to ignore….

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

i used the cheap cree lights this week, bodged a handlbar mount. basically no good! i was surprised though, it let others know i was there.

i also use a petzl head torch, really good lens etc. invaluable for mending punctures etc.always in the bag.

maybe because my grandfather was a miner i get fixated with all this, he must have spent his whole working life with a light on his head!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision 4's’ is closed to new replies.