Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Hope Vision 4 LED
  • nuttysquirrel – Member
    I already have one and I like it a lot. Was going to be another for the missus but if there's a new one coming out, I'll wait. Does anyone know when this will be?

I e-mailed them last night and got a reply at 7.14 this morning as follows…

Hi, there is talk of making a 'fancier' top end light but it will probably be next year when it comes out now. Cheers.

Maybe just a company line, maybe true. Based on that though, I'm happy enough to order mine now.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Magic, thanks.

Ooh, it landed today. Initial lounge/garden tests and I'm impressed with both brightness and build quality. The battery is way smaller than I imagined. Will go for a spin down the railway line after I've finished listening to footy.

iainc

excellent light, great warranty and backup if you ever need it, I can't fault mine in any way. I run it on the bars, with Ayups on the helmet – great combination. -)

Leku
    Free Member

Got mine last week and managed a nighttime 1.04 lap of Cwn Cairn. Daytime lap is currently 1.02.

Wasn't that impressed at first then realised I wasn't on full beam. Almost ran over three frogs.

firestarter
    Free Member

i just bought a used one im amazed how small they are and the battery like you say is much smaller than i thought it would be 😉

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Second the battery/flimsy strap setup comment. I envy mates' neat little Lupine battery packs when I'm having to run the long length of cable to the battery flapping around under the top tube. Scratched the top tube too 😡 Why do I have to run the long cable? Because the damn battery won't fit under my short stem. Pants. Apart from that the light is great.

Quick question – all the pics I've seen have a rubber coated battery, yet mine is hard plastic. Is this a new, or old design?

Ta.

peachos
    Free Member

new

enfht
    Free Member

Parks Police have chased me twice thinking I'm a nicked motorbike 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Second the battery/flimsy strap setup comment

I immediately replaced the strap with a webbing one with a spring clamp

First ride last night on the Stanage loop and I'm impressed.

When I first turned it on riding over Houndkirk moor however, I wasn't blown away. It obviously lit the trail up, but there was no defined point of light on the ground and I still seemed to be riding in the shadows of the Lumi halogens around me that most of my mates are still running.

When the light really dropped though it came into it's own. Because of the lense being quite floody you still don't see a defined spot of light, but that doesn't matter, because wherever you need to look, there's just light – no rings, no spots, just even light and plenty of it with a huge peripheral spread. The colour of the light is nice too. No blue starkness of some LED's, yet a much nicer, whiter light than the yellow halogens. I'd recommend it highly to anyone (apart from Trouty 😉 )

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision 4 LED’ is closed to new replies.