Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Hope Vision 4 LED – Thoughts/views
  • MrAgreeable

Had mine a year with no major issues. The light feels well put together, stays relatively cool in use and the bar mount is neat and rock solid. It's noticeably brighter than a DX light on the high settings. Battery life is excellent, I've only had it run out on me once, when it was new.

Bad points: the strap that comes with it is twangy and rubbish (can anyone recommend a source of replacements? Most after market velcro straps seem to be really long, for strapping up luggage and the like). If you want to swap between bar diameters then you have to change a pair of fiddly rubber plugs on the inside of the mount. It's a bit heavy to use as a helmet light or head-torch but you do get the option and it's quite handy for pottering in the shed. If value was a concern I'd probably get a DX, if money was no object I'd get an L&M Seca, but as boutique bike lights go it's pretty cheap and very good.

starseven
    Free Member

Pro: Powerful "flood" light, everyone has a charger/spare battery, hope fixem quick if they break.

Cons: No battery level indicator, fiddly clamp.

genesis
    Free Member

We have 2's as hire lights and yes the 4's are good. But 100pounds better? No.

I have one and mount the battery on top of my Spesh E150 SL 60mm stem. The velcro strap seems ok to me and will be easily replaced if it shows signs of wear.

To the guy who mentions symmetry earlier – this light looks way cooler than the twin Lumi's a lot of my mates use and is brighter, unless they decide to run 35w lamps that melt everything within half an inch of them.

The light is very well made and seems very robust – as said earlier, Hope's CS gives some extra reassurance, although I've seen no sign of any problems and I believe misting was only a problem on earlier models.

As for in use – the settings switch can be a tad annoying having to cycle through and it's a pain having to remember which setting you're on when you want to go up to max. The light isn't as bright as the quoted 960lm, but is still plenty bright enough. Medium is fine for road, high is fine for anything, but unlike others I can tell enough of a difference with the max setting to use it for downhills.

When I first fired it up in a dusky light on Houndkirk Moor I was slightly underwhelmed, as there is no distinct bright spot and it seemed a bit washed out next to others Lumi halogens. However, when the light dropped the quality of the light emitted became apparent. When you get used to the lack of spot, you realise that you actually have a bright enough, even spread that just lights everything up really well. I don't miss a spot, but may end up with one on my head at some point.

I'd recommend one to anyone.

Andy

+1 for the V4 here. Expensive yes, but no problems in second season. Plus reassurance of excellent Hope service.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Had mine for over a year. No problems. Transformed my night riding.

foxyrider
    Free Member

cheers guys – some great views – most very positive 🙂

mickasaki
    Free Member

went out with a friend that has one the other night, cant believe how bright it is compared to my vision 2 light. well impressed, as long as they aren't behind you, as all you can see is your shadow!

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

got to say i love mine. its big and bright, sure the battery mount is basic and its spendy but its in the uk. and hopes after sale service is very very good. i run a fenix on my helmet and the two combined are awesome. just need more energy to go riding…
    joe x

RobinL

Just been out on the first ride with the Hope 4 after trying night rides with cheap EBay type lights and a Tesco torch on the lid.

Still used the Tesco torch on the helmet just to be able to look around, but the Hope is a huge improvement generally.

I need a few more rides to get used to night riding, I'm sure the light is excellent it's just the rider that's crap 🙂

At least I've no excuses for not going out now !

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision 4 LED – Thoughts/views’ is closed to new replies.