Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Hope V4's for XC?
  • wombatypus
    Free Member

Made the mistake of posting this question in another Hope Brake thread (on about page 6 after it had already been derailled!!!!) so here goes again….

Having had my SC Nomad stolen (thieving scum broke into garage within 3 months of moving in), I have sorted an Orange 5 as a replacement bike – Insurers were great (I suspect this is not all that normal!!!) and I was allowed to spec up a pretty decent bike….having previously ridden with Mono Minis (on an Orange E8) and M4’s (on my Nomad), I went all out and upgraded to V4’s on the 5……

Now I’m wondering about whether that was a sensible decision – there is no doubt that they look like meaty brakes and the info that comes with the brakes suggests V4’s are targeted at DH, Enduro and AM (and not at all for XC)……I haven’t yet ridden the bike (still waiting on pedals) but should I be reconsidering dropping back to M4’s?

Does anyone have any experience of the V4’s? Am I worrying about nothing? Key question is whether the brake power is smooth on or am I going to go over the handlebars the first time I yank on the brakes????

Cheers…..

chiefgrooveguru

If they’re like other Hope brakes they’ll be easy to modulate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Hope V4's for XC?’ is closed to new replies.