Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope v-twin vertical mounting???
  • ollychristian
    Free Member

Hi folks
    I have a salsa Fargo. Teeny tiny, 35 degree up stem. Plus like to have a dry bag attached to the bars.
    Just in the process of over hauling it and would like to put some hope v-twin mechanical to hydraulic conversation brakes on there.
    Problem is the master cylinder and the bracket that connects it to the stem look way to long to then be able to put a bag on the handles bars.
    Does any one know if you can mount them vertically??
    Or if there is an alternative bracket position??
    or is there another attempt out there for me?

cp

No, they need to be fairly horizontal in order for all of the internal porting to work correctly.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Think about trp spyres instead. I just swapped from vtwin to spyres and much prefer them. Much, much lighter lever feel. Still enough power, although maybe not quite as much as the hopes) they’ll be cheaper too

boxelder

Are you going from cantis or cable discs?

ollychristian
    Free Member

Have avid bb7 at the moment. Having to adjust cable tension/pad distance after a weekend away is starting to get on my nerves.
    Perhaps not braking so much is the answer??

scotroutes

I don’t know what you’re doing to those BB7s. They shouldn’t need that amount of fettling.

There’s a set of Shimano hydros in the Classifieds section.

boxelder

I swapped from BB7s to V twin as couldn’t get the avids to remain set up well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope v-twin vertical mounting???’ is closed to new replies.