Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • hope v shimano , and anywhere selling xt at a good price
  • firestarter
    Free Member

For years I’ve used hope and always recommend them to others due to parts availability and ease of repair but I’m on the look out for some new brakes and recent threads got me thinking to what I’ve used in the past.

Hopes worked well when working but need a bit of care every now and then but easy enough, formula worked well til they needed a repair then it was a mare parts were expensive and a pain to do , avid again pain to bleed right, for me anyway

This leads me right back to the beginning before I got any bling and I had deore I fitted they worked I didn’t need to fix repair adjust or anything and they still worked when I sold them on to purchase bling

So…. Anywhere selling the new xt at a decent price ??

Also out of interest as I can’t remember do shimano pads retract further than hope

Thanks

hambl90
    Free Member

Got my xt’s from Rose bikes, very cheap and good service.

zelak999
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve not had much experience with Hope brakes other than using on a test bike, but I’ve been running the new XT brakes for about 1000 miles and i really love them.
    My last set were the dreaded Avid Elixirs that needed attention after every ride but i haven’t had to do anything to the XT’s.
    I’m just about to replace the first set of pads too. not bad eh?

wrecker
    Free Member

None in stock there unfortunately. Merlin had some good deals recently.

dantsw13

If you arent bling bothered, look at the SLX/Deores too. Same stopping power, but less tool free bits and a little heavier.

svalgis
    Free Member

bike-discount.de offers a good price on SLX (best I could find) so I’d imagine they’re competitive for the rest of the range too.

T666DOM

Hope every time, tried XT once and hated them . Much prefer the feel of Hope brakes and mine have been faultless.

bigblackshed

I’m running Hope on both bikes ATM. They just work and they look bling. I also ran XT on a commuter for about 5 years. All I ever did to them was put new pads in. Faultless. They just looked stealth.

I’d happily use either.

jedi

my xt are hands down better than my old hope v2’s

Onzadog
    Free Member

Love my hope brakes. in fact, I’m selling my v2 EVO special edition so that I can fund some v4!

Brake-neck
    Free Member

my xt are hands down better than my old hope v2’s

My SLX are better than my old V2s !!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘hope v shimano , and anywhere selling xt at a good price’ is closed to new replies.