Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope, top customer service once again.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

New freehub body and new rivets in my old floating disc. No questions, no charge, turned around in a couple of days.

The reason all my bikes have Hope hubs and brakes.

Jamie
    Free Member

Someone will be along shortly to mention they shouldn’t be falling apart in the first place.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m sure they will, but I’m a fan of the way they do things.

granny_ring

They shouldn’t fall apart in the first place.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Both parts were nearly 2 years old. We could list all the companies that would tell you the warranty is only a year and leave you high and dry.

creamegg
    Free Member

similar story, broke 4 year old axle, sent email, they asked what my address was so they can send a replacement. No questions asked, no proof of purchase or even of a broken axle. Not many companies would offer the same service.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Just wondering how you managed to get a free freehub? I’ve had ,y hope hub about 6 months and the freehub is already chewed to hell and bearings rather lumpy…. Is it worth me dropping them an email too do you thing?

globalti
    Free Member

Agreed they are excellent but if you ever visited their factory and saw for yourself the mind-boggling numbers of parts that are lying around in trays waiting to be assembled you’d understand why it’s not really such a burden for them to pop the odd part in the post.

They could easily not bother though and just refer you back to the retailer.

honourablegeorge

r8jimbob88 – Member
    Just wondering how you managed to get a free freehub? I’ve had ,y hope hub about 6 months and the freehub is already chewed to hell and bearings rather lumpy…. Is it worth me dropping them an email too do you thing?

It’s ALWAYS worth dropping them an email.

dunmail
    Free Member

Someone I know has a Hope Vision 2 light, after about three years it started playing up so since he lives near Barnoldswick he popped round one Saturday morning. The guy he saw said that he couldn’t fix it straight away but leave name and contact details and they’d sort it out. It arrived in the post at his home address on Monday morning.

Ultimately we pay for this, Hope will have worked out a rate of return and factored it in to the price. When it comes to cutting costs, customer service is the first thing that the bean counters try to cut: customers don’t see it as something that they should pay for up front so the “higher price” supposedly affects sales. Is their kit the absolute best? Probably not but it’s of significantly better quality than OEM stuff and you know that if things do go south then they’ll look after you. That’s worth a lot.

It used to be that Dell’s customer service was really good, which was partly why they were more expensive than the box-shifters, but if you needed to ring them up you got a solution. Once they tried to compete on level terms regarding initial purchase cost then customer service got cut and things went downhill.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope, top customer service once again.’ is closed to new replies.