Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope Tech V2 Service
  • skimpy
    Free Member

Hello all,

I am having some issues with my rear Hope Tech V2. I bought it off a forum member a while back and fitted them and have been battling to get the rear to feel right ever since. The front is brilliant but the back just pulls to the bar.

I bought the Hope ‘My Little Bleeder’ kit and tried but no improvement. Took it to a local bike shop who tried, no improvement (or charge!). Bought replacement seals and replaced lever diaphragms, no improvement.

So I contacted Hope today who offer to service the brakes (new seals, pistons and pads) for £40 + delivery both ways, so probably around £50 all in.

Questions is…is it worth it? Anyone had any experience with Hope Direct servicing?

Thanks,

Tim

righog
    Free Member

The bike shop I bought my bike from had shortened the hoses on my hope brakes, they used the wrong olive to terminate the hose, this led to a slight loss of fluid which I could not trace. I would bleed the brakes but after a couple of rides the lever would pull to the bars.

I eventually sent the brakes off to Hope who identified and fixed the problem with the incorrect olive for free. They called me and told me they had fixed it, since they already had it I got them to do the full seal service for about £50 Brakes have been great since.

Did not take long at all less than a week, all in.

ndthornton
    Free Member

How are you aligning the callipers?

ndthornton
    Free Member

Iv been down this road with V2s – if you dont align the callipers correctly the lever can pull all the way back

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Send it to hope if it is more than seals, pistons,
    say a small crack in the body from a crash I sure they fix for very little money, (prob for free)

skimpy
    Free Member

I am aligning the callipers as per all the instructions on the Hope website, resetting the pistons, making sure the disc is running through the center of the groove and tightening up. Works fine on the front just not the back.

The brakes look in absolute mint condition and can’t see any scuffs or anything from a past crash (I have never ridden them due to this issue so I certainly haven’t damaged them – at least I can rule that out!)

£40 for a full service including all seals and new pads doesn’t seem ridiculous so by the sounds of things it might be the best thing to do…Canada for 2.5 weeks in the summer so need to get riding!!

mildred

Hope are brilliant – I had mine done and they felt like new.

zangolin
    Free Member

Try bleeding the back brake first – see the Hope Tech video if you are not sure how – very easy to do.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzGQpS6fd3E[/video]

skimpy
    Free Member

Hi, I have tried bleeding multiple times as per the video instructions, both the standard way and using the official Hope ‘My Little Bleeder’ kit and with new diaphragm but to no avail. Thanks anyway.

zangolin
    Free Member

Fair enough – sorry should have read your OP more closely 😳 – you did say you had tried bleeding already.

Have you tried unbolting the calliper and carefully let it hang down – sometimes you get a pocket of air trapped – this can help release it and help the air rise back up to the lever reservoir.

skimpy
    Free Member

I have indeed, the guy on the video mentioned they had moved the hole in the lever so I tried moving it round, giving it a little tap but nothing…

skimpy
    Free Member

I have taken the plunge and returned them to Hope…fingers crossed that they will sort the issues out!

I will update accordingly!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech V2 Service’ is closed to new replies.