Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Tech pads?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Do I go for standard Hope pads or EBC Green or Gold?

chrssmale
    Free Member

Swear by the EBC red pads on my Mono Mini. Not tried them yet on the M4’s yet.
    Quite a few people on here recommend Superstar pads, got to admit they do look a bargain.

Northwind

OEM Hope are very good pads. Not cheap mind.

I use Superstar kevlars, but I’ve never had them in Hopes- worked well in all the brakes I’ve tried though. TBH if Formula OEM were as good as Hope I’d be tempted to stick to those 😉

bikeind
    Free Member

Hope pads are better imo

chiefgrooveguru

My original Hope M4 organic pads seem to be lasting forever – on my lone MTB since March, must have done about 1000 miles in all weathers. Their only weak point seems to be the initial bite in the wet but once the disc has done a full rotation and is dry then they’re back to their usual excellent powerful controllable nature.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve recently swapped Gen sintered hopes for organic Clark’s,had them rebled & they’re f##kin ace ?..

andypandy85
    Free Member

I swear by Superstar pads on my M4’s for two reasons;

Firstly, I’m a tight northerner and refuse to pay for ‘genuine’ pads.

Secondly, the pads from Superstar are superb! I’ve only ever used the sintered pads, had the same set on my DH bike since April and they’ve got loads of life left. That includes riding most weekends and a week at Fort Bill, and they’ve never ever let me down. Providing you bed them in properly they’re spot on…and cheap! 😉

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have a quick question re these guys, I have a set of the new Hope Tech Evo V4 with vented rotors brakes but am at a loss as to what replacement sintered pads to get for it as I couldnt even find any listed on Hopes site. Any suggestions as to exactly what after market ones will fit please?

votchy
    Free Member

Having tried several after market pads from different sources I have found Hope sintered to be the best of all in my V2’s

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech pads?’ is closed to new replies.