Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope Tech brake leaking
  • MadBillMcMad

I have a Hope Tech brake with braided hoses, about 4 years old.

It has just decided to leak from where the connector joins on to the disc caliper. Odd as I have never touched them.

I have checked the nut holding on the connector & it is tight.

Is my first job to take it off & get some new copper washers and reconnect & bleed ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d start by cleaning it all down and then pull the lever and tie it off to double check where the leak is from. There’s a lot of joins in that area. Could be a crack in the caliper even. Could be the copper washers, could be a nick in the cable running down to the connector.

Once spent days trying to find the cause of mushy feeling brakes on some c2. It was losing fluid but couldn’t see any leaks. Ended up covering the entire system in talc and then tying the lever off. Found the smallest hole ever mid way along the cable. So small the fluid turned to a fine mist as it came out.

MadBillMcMad

It looks pretty clear.

pulling on the lever I can see the oil coming out from around the connection to the caliper.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I got a leak on one when it got knocked. Drop hope qn email though they have a god price on service might be back by the weekend

Brainflex

put a spanner on it and check it is tight.

duir
    Free Member

Occasionally the calliper main body develops an hairline fracture and that is right next to where the connector joins. I would bet that’s where your leak is. Hope have replaced 2 for me completely free of charge, send the lot and they will bleed it too.

MadBillMcMad

duir,

You were correct on all fronts:
    the crack
    & Hope’s service.

Awesome Hope. Thank you very much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech brake leaking’ is closed to new replies.