Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope Tech 3 X2 brakes
  • beer247
    Free Member

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of the above.

Currently running Deore M615s and not sure if i would notice much difference other than the added purple bling.

Can anyone give me some feedback on performance etc – cant seem to find many recent reviews.

Would be fitted to a Banshee Rune for general trail riding & maybe a couple of uplift days.

creamegg
    Free Member

love my Tech 3’s. Callipers are V4’s though.

SirHC

I’d suggest the E4’s, the X2’s are really intended for xc. Can’t fault either the E4’s on my trail bike or the V4’s on my dh bike.

reedspeed
    Free Member

ive got tech3 x2’s on my Crush,& m4’s on the five,& I love em , plus side is parts are available everywhere & Hopes after sales is the dogs..

If you havnt done so already, check out Merlins current offer, as I think that’s the place to buy, this week at least..

chiefgrooveguru

I’d get the Tech 3 E4, more appropriate for the Rune (that’s what I have on my Spitfire). Brilliant brakes! I have the Race Evo M4 on my Soul and the power is about the same (near identical calipers) but the Tech 3 levers are much more adjustable than the Race levers, well worth the (minimal) extra weight.

rocketman
    Free Member

running Deore M615s and not sure if i would notice much difference

Shimano make some fine brakes but they’re not in the same class as Hope

The Hopes combine the user-friendly feel of Deores with Avid bite and top it all off with strong top end power. The feel through the levers is pretty special especially if you’re used to more mundane brakes. The X2s are definitely not just for racing snakes they are stunning stoppers but the E4s would be better for big descents.

Get some ordered you won’t be disappointed

leftyboy
    Free Member

I’e got Tech 2s with XC2s on the HT and Tech 3s with E4s on the FS. Both really good and plenty powerful enough. Ended up with the E4s as I expected to carry more speed on the FS, glad I did because so far I am doing just that! 🙂

Running 180 disk front and rear as I’m a bit on the heavy robust side 🙂

New FS just wants to go fast everywhere!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Just put E4s on my Spitfire after moving on from X2s, not had a proper ride with them yet but they do feel as though they will have a fair chunk more power.

Bought mine from Merlins, use HNY10 for another 10% off.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Just come from zees, 160R, 180F 26″ wheels to 160R 183F (just changed to 183R 203F) tech 3 X2s on a 29er.

The X2s work just fine, on steep descents with 160mm rotor on the rear definitely notice lack of bite by the bottom so bumped up the rotor size.

They do have a nice feel, more solid, but i put this down to less power generating less sponge in the system. I imagine modulation wouldn’t be there if they had the power of the zees, but since they are less powerful they modulate quite nicely.

They’re nice brakes, more tarty than a shimano, don’t reckon they work any better, just different.

Up to yourself if you fancy paying more than deore price (slx/xt are pretty pointless IMO), want more power, zee.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

One thing to bear in mind if you run 2×10 with the ispec shifters directly into the Hope Tech 3 brake clamps you will struggle to run a reverb remote upside down next to the shifter/brake combo. Was plenty of room in my X2 evos but not with the Tech 3s.

Another reason for me to go back to 1×10.

beer247
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Think i will go with the E4s over the X2s.

Not used Hope brakes since the old C2s!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech 3 X2 brakes’ is closed to new replies.