Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope Tech 3 E4 with Hope 200mm Rotor….No adapter!!
  • paulbrownbiz
    Free Member

Hello all,

So I’m having a real problem getting an adapter for a Hope 200mm rotor to fit a Hope e4 calliper (just need a post to post 160-200 (40mm)). Even though both items are Hope they don’t (currently) make an adapter to fit. I’ve tried a Reverse and Avid 40mm adapter but calliper is too big. I would just swap to a 203mm rotor however apparently using above a 200mm rotor on a set of Pikes voids the warranty on the Pikes as the max rotor size is stated at 200mm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Daffy

I think by “larger than 200mm” they’re referring to 225mm rotors, not the +3mm you’re talking about.

However, to save you buying another rotor, just file down the surfaces of the 203mm PM adaptor by a mm or so to bring the calliper closer to the rotor edge.

Onzadog
    Free Member

203mm on my Pike. It’s an extra 1.5% leverage. I don’t expect it to be the cause of my demise.

paulbrownbiz
    Free Member

Yeah totally understand, happy to put a 203 rotor on but I’ve had warranty issues in the past and can see that (even tough only an extra 3mm) technically this is against their recommendations so all warranty would be void!

Onzadog
    Free Member

How would they ever know?

paulbrownbiz
    Free Member

Fair point!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If the caliper clashes with the adapter then I’d just file away the adapter, I’ve done it before without dying (your experience may vary).

I’d not file down the ‘post’ part of the adapter, without a mill you’ll never get it flat again.

As above though, I’ve never even considered that 203mm was too big on a 200mm limit!

andyl
    Free Member

As above, you would need to trim it on a mill.

TBH try it with the 203mm adaptor. I have had to shim my E4’s to get the pads to fit perfectly on the braking surface and not slightly on the spokes.

It is annoying that only Hope adaptors work. I have tried an avid one and it only ever so slightly touches. Nothing a few minutes with a file won’t sort though.

paulbrownbiz
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies guys. I may just go for the 203 rotor with a hope adapter. Just a shame they don’t make a 200mm adapter!

DiscJockey
    Free Member

They’ve always made adapters for 200mm rotors:

http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Hope-Brake-mounts-2016-page2-ok.pdf

Stick to 203mm.

Onzadog
    Free Member

DJ, the Pike is a 160 post mount. That chart shows that there is no mount available (which is correct).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech 3 E4 with Hope 200mm Rotor….No adapter!!’ is closed to new replies.