Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope t-rex lifespan
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Afternoon, out of interest those with a t-rex, how long has it lasted so far, or when did you have to replace? Did you use it on every ride (those in hilly areas).

Pondering getting one or sticking a granny ring on (and pushing the chain off my narrow/wide) for ‘big’ climbing…. or maybe I should just train more.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Mine’s been on my fatty for 3 or 4 months so far. Don’t use it more than once a ride (fairly briefly) but it’s not showing any signs of wear yet

kayak23

Got mine in the first batch, middle of March.
    Still running perfectly, and doesn’t look particularly worn.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks

traildog
    Free Member

I’ve had it about 4 months. Paint is showing signs of wear but the ring looks ok. But don’t use it a lot, perhaps once or twice in a big ride.

teethgrinder

Mine started to slip when i put a new chain on. Reprofiled the teeth with a chainsaw file and it’s fine again. 4 to 5 months of use, with plenty of mud.

Also tried to do the same with the 11t as that was slipping but didn’t work, so i now have an 11t and also a 16t from a 9spd shimano cassette on and it shifts fine.

dreednya

Got mine at the beginning of April and have done a shed load of miles on it since (up to 179 miles a week) in mid-Wales. The 1×10 is on its second chain and it is still going strong, though have to admit I don’t use it a huge amount, mainly in the mid block with a 34T on the front.

darrenspink
    Free Member

All I need to know thanks. Im in west yorkshire so just some steep pennine hills to get up. Just moved to a 45650b so finding it a tad hard now and again with the extra frame weight (yes im a wuss).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope t-rex lifespan’ is closed to new replies.