Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope straight pull hubs
  • craig5

Anybody run the hope evo II SP wheels? They look great, but have read that they loose spoke tension easily. Every place that dose custom wheels only quotes ( on line) prices for then normal spoke/flange hubs. I know the 3 bolt rotor hubs/ wheels will only accept qr or 15mm axels, but the 6 bolt hubs will accept any hub standard ( according to the hope website). Who has used these hubs? Am I best going down the regular hub route?

greeble
    Free Member

Getting replacement spokes can be a right pain in the ass. I had the sp xc3 wheels and went back to normal pro2 hubs

lornholio
    Free Member

Just buy whichever you can get cheaper.

For what it’s worth, I’m 80kg and have Evo 2 SPs on Flows on my AM bike in Chamonix (very rocky). Tension has stayed fine all summer, I’ve broken one spoke and a local shop had a spare for me.

Northwind

<not Hope but Roval hubs> Never had a problem with losing tension- no reason it should happen really. Building/adjusting can be a pain especially if the nipples seize on a bit.

Spoke availability is crap though, for that reason I’d not buy one unless there was a very good reason (as in, complete wheelsets for buttons like with all of mine) Replacing spokes has always meant mail order for me, and not fast mail order either, never found one suitable in a bike shop. But then a Hoops set should come with spares

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope straight pull hubs’ is closed to new replies.